/dist/images/branding/favicon

Fly first time with 3 axis gimbal

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Dave King, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Never noticed that Mike.. also never tried. Good find.

Ive accidentally taken off with alt hold on and that can be interesting if you arent expecting it. Takes a few seconds to figure out why the thing is so sensitive... oh yeah.. alt hold

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Mike I just tested mine, albeit on the bench with no props. Power up, throttle up to flight power, throttle back to idle, turn AH on, then throttle lower left and the motors stopped. Same test except under power, AH on, stick to 127, motors stay stable, throttle down with AH still on, throttle lower left and the motors stop.

So it may be something in your setup.

3. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Gary, thanks for testing. About a month ago, QC replaced the FC to address my roll shake issue. I'm not sure it happened before. I was out flying today and took this short iphone video of it occurring. Is it a bug? Settings? Inquiring minds want to know... If anyone has an idea of where I could check, please let me know. Otherwise my CS8 is flying jut awesome in all respects.

p.s. the brilliant green sweatshirt is for St. Patty's day.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Mike:

I would check how you have things set up on the transmitter and with MK Tool. It's entirely conceivable that you could have the AH switch also programmed on the same channel as the Motor Safety Switch (see Easy Setup window in MK Tool).

That could well explain what you're seeing, Mike.

By the way, I'm of Scottish origin so I hope you also celebrate St. Andrews day. November 30th. Have a wee dram!

Andy.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Mike I would check both MKTool to see what channels are moving when you move each switch and also check the Servo Display menu in the MX-20. You would be looking for two switches triggering the same channel.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Mike, Gary's correct. But you may also see (on the MK Tool Easy Setup page) that you have AH assigned to say, Poti 1, channel 6, and the Motor Safety switch is also channel 6 (it's specified as a Channel number not a POTI.

If that's the case, then you may only see the AH switch on the Tx waggling one channel.

Andy.

7. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Could it be a safety deal so if your in AH and you drop your power down to descend and you happen to be yawing to the left you don't accidentally shut off the motors?

Josh

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Man, you've really got to want to plummet and hold in a hard left yaw to kill the motors....although I'm sure people have done it.....what's with the hard yaw left though? I can see the rapid descent...but....

Andy.

9. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Very plausible. I'll check it out this evening and will report back. I truly appreciate the support from you folks. I will also strive to avoid the "Lambeth" - The no power full left yaw descent. Although it's probably very impressive looking - for a moment. JK Josh.

-m

10. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I don't do that trick... just for the record. ;)

Josh

11. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Just as a follow up, this change occurred whne QC replaced the FC and shipped it back with the motor safety switch enabled. I disabled it and I'm back to "Normal".
    And Josh, I know you are a finer Pilot than me and I was only joking with the name of that trick.
    If you are even in Boston, look me up and I'll make it up to you with a trip to a nice pub.
    -m

12. Trent Steffen

Trent Steffen New Member

Mike,

I noticed the same thing during an "eventful landing" where I could not shut off the motors with AH on. I later noticed in MK Tool that the motor safety switch was activated and on the same switch as altitude hold. This is bad if you crash with AH on, but it also prevents you from starting the motors if for some reason AH is switched on.