/dist/images/branding/favicon

Motors

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Ed Tan, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Benjamin Rowland

Ed,

Let us know how these motors work out for you.

2. Ed Tan

Ed Tan Distributor

sure thing...

been in touch with them, now just waiting for them to sort out the quantities i require.

=D

3. Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan Member

Hey all - I'm new here. Long time cinematographer/Steadicam, but new to aerials. Have been flying a FlameWheel 450 with GoPro for the last couple of months and just did my first "legit" gig - very exciting!

Yesterday ordered the Cinestar 8 with 3-axis gimbal. Now need to order motors, ESC's, and batteries. I'm pretty much a newbie so grateful for any info/advice. I want to be able to comfortably carry an Epic. What do I look for in motors (brand, specs, etc.), ESC's (brand, amp rating, refresh rate?, etc.), and batts (mAh, number of cells, C rating)?

Also shopping for a radio - going Futaba. 8 channel? 10 channel (I'm leaning towards 10)? I notice there are 3 or 4 different models within the 10 channel series - confusing!

Thanks very much for any help!

Dan

4. Marc BRACELET

Marc BRACELET Active Member

I personaly use with my CS6 and 360° Gimbal the RC tiger 2826 550Kv with 14.5 XOAR props + ESC RED Brick 70 Amps reflashed SimonK and i can tell you that this is the most powerfull setup that i found for the moment.
    I have made some easy payload test up to 11 kg ( with only Cs6 and no Gimbal ). These motors are pretty good with the XOAR, and i think i will mount exactly the same on my future CS8.
    These TMotors are powerfull monsters and run like swiss watch...

Marc.

5. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Before chosing your eletronics, as escs motors and batteries you should chose what camera you will fly the most with what lens, than acessories as gimbles controlers, transmiters and all it will be hanging there. once you have the weight of all togheter you calculate your engines and than the escs on top of how many amps your engines will need.
    Please, please do study this basics. you bought a very big and powerfull not to mention valuable gear, that can have very bad consequences to you and all of us if not corrected used. Please use it with caution and knoledge.

6. Alain BERUTTI

Alain BERUTTI New Member

Hi Mark, i'm looking for motors for my octo with cinestar gimbal, i try your rc tiger with ecalc but it'is difficult to compare with the 3328 from freefly because canot found any specifications. Any way ecalc gives this configuration with 9KG, for a decent camera, with motors voltage close to the limit, did you note some anormal temperature with your 11kg test ?
    And any of you guys using QC 3328 know the wich specs have to enter in ecalc for this motors ? rctiger motors 2814 who seems to be similar is only for 4S...
    Thanks.

Alain

Attached Files:

7. Marc BRACELET

Salut Alain, je t' ais répondu en MP sur MK.fr, je pense que tu ne seras pas déçu par la config...;)

8. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Marc, I'm also wondering about heavy lift tests on MT2826 KV 550? As Alain pointed, these MT2826 motors are rated around 400W and with 6S and 14" props you easily double the power limit of the motor. Any problem occured about this? Like excessive heat etc.?

9. Marc BRACELET

No everything is Ok for me, i have MT2826 + ESC 70A with 2*8000mA 6S battery in parallel and no overheating problems, so if you want a big bird, i suggest you Tiger Motors 3520 or 3515 + 50A Castle creation ice phoenix, with this config you can carry very big cameras...:cool: