/dist/images/branding/favicon

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hugh Bell, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Hi Dave Halton from the UK. Co-founder of AerialVue. Is there many guys from the UK on here?

Dave

2. Larry Rippenkroeger

Larry Rippenkroeger New Member

Hi everyone. I'm Larry from Rippervision. I'm flying a C8 with a 360 mount. I live in the Los Angeles area and use my copter mostly in the film and TV world.

3. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Hello, My name is Patrick. I'm a film student and an action sport film maker. Just got my 3 axis gimbal.

4. Julien

Julien New Member

Hello,
    I work for the company fly hd in France.I try to install the Radian 2axis on the AV200. In the future i would like to buy the amazing Cinestar gymbal 2axis.

5. Piles

Piles New Member

Hi

I am doing the same. Lots of questions, did you but a connecting plate or make one if so where did you get one.

regards

6. Tommy - KnightDesignDev

Hello CineStar users !
    I'm Tom Knight from Grand Rapids, on the west side of Michigan, USA.
    We just started an APV business ( EAI llc ) with some business partners.
    We are one of only a few ( 14 known ) APV teams in the Central US and very excited to be part of this profession.
    Please feel free to send me a message to talk about unit builds / business / insurance / ect.
    Best Regards !

7. SarahQC

SarahQC Distributor

Hello FREEFLY Forum!

Quadrocopter is thrilled to work so closely with FF - a company whose stellar reputation is backed up by the walk as well as the talk. The sky's the limit!

Sarah, Purchasing Manager at Quadrocopter

8. Iram Lozano

Iram Lozano Distributor

Hi everyone i m Iram Lozano we are Dealers for Cinestar and other Multirotors Brands (MikroKopter, DJI, DW)
    we have offices in Monterrey, Mexico and in Laredo Tx USA but our target market is Latinamerica
    if you need any info and you prefer speak in spanish just call us

www.mikrokopter.mx

9. Chris Newman

Chris Newman Member

Hello! My name is Chris Newman owner and pilot of CineChopper in Utah. Absolutely love my cinestar 8 and I just rigged up my radians. I took a first spin with my camera op today and we are totally blown away. The independence and freedom are incredible. Thanks for making solid products! I'm looking forward to rubbing shoulders with you guys here on this forum!

10. Andrew-Crinson

Hi Everyone. My name is Andrew I live in West Norfolk England (flat and windy) and I have been an aero modeller for the past 40 years. Sound like an confession LOL. I started out with the usual rubber powered balsa kits as a kid and my first RC in 1974 was a Ripmax single channel system (push button) with a rubber powered escarpment to control rudder only. How I managed it is anyones guess.

In my adult life I am a keen photographer and have been in mechanical engineering working on projects all over the world, but an illness about a year ago made me have a bit of a think about life in general and decided that a change was needed. At the time I have no idea what I was going to do but as I was off ill I though I would finish that big old SE5a that had been hanging around in the shed for some years. So I set about recovering it and thought it might be a good idea to put a single axis gyro on the rudder. So I had a bit of a look round for one, and came across a three axis gyro!! what on earth were these for!! then I discovered GPS modules!!

Sadly the SE5a was sold along with a few other bits and bobs and a Wookong M was purchased... with an F450. Well I havent turned back and after building and experimenting with different frames and flight control systems I decided to open shop. What better way to work than doing something you really love doing. I dont have all the experience yet but its a fantastic learning curve and one I really enjoy being on.

So I turned my hand to aerial photography solutions and multirotorcraft.com was born. I resell DJI and Photohigher products along with a few Droidworx frames and I hope to have FreeFly products on the list soon.

All the best

Andrew a happy Fleefly HDMI owner.

11. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hello I am Jose Luis Ocejo I live in Miami Florida own a CS8 and Gimbal w/radiant system I come from the backgrownd of DP, Underwater Op and Steadicam Op and now this exiting specialization, the Customer service and individual personal attention of the folks at quadrocopter US is top thanks alot to Adam, Flori, Sara and special thanks to Karsten.
    PS.. any one else down in Florida great flying weather is in the horizon

12. Steve Gardiner

Steve Gardiner New Member

Hi, I'm Steve from the north of Scotland. ex naval a/c tech, licenced pilot (ppl), and currently working as ROV pilot/supv.
    Trying to develop skills and equipment for commercial use and enjoying the ride, and the challenge of leaning new skills.

13. Helicamzone

Helicamzone New Member

Hi everyone!! I´m Paul from Spain, Cineflex technician/operator and in R/C business for 30 years (not anymore) and just about the same time flying and photo/filming with R/C platforms, just mounted my 2 axes Freefly with radians on my Mikrokopter and wow it is the closest feeling to a Cineflex, good job you Guys!!!

14. Ville Hyvönen - Helicam

Hello people!

I´m mr. Ville from Finland. We run a full time helicam -business based in Helsinki, Finland and Tallinn, Estonia.
    http://www.helicam.aero

Check out our latest showreel https://vimeo.com/48356628 - password helicam - its still behind password as few shots are not out yet. We are also setting up office in UK http://www.londonhelicam.co.uk

We started 5 years ago with Maxijoker II conventional style RC heli, now we are flying 2 x CS8 with 360 mount and 3 x of our own design heavy lifts with CS mount + radians, also building our own mont for RED epic. Most of our work nowadays is flying with EPIC.

Its really great privilege to be able to make a hobby into your work, and have to thank Tabb and Freefly systems for being a true inspiration and for taking multicopters to a professional level.

[​IMG]

Scott and Adam Paugh like this.
  15. Ryan J. Rowe

Ryan J. Rowe Member

Hey all! Ryan here. A brand new owner of a Cinestar 8. Can't wait to meet some of you and learn more about this exciting industry! CHEERS!

16. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Nice looking rig! Any closer pictures of it? What motors, esc, FC, ect?

Josh

17. Ville Hyvönen - Helicam

Hi Josh,

Thanks!
    Well parts of the rig are still our own secret sauce so will reveal details later. FC is MK and motors are made by order plettenbergs. I have once made mistake of giving public advice / opinion on good combinations of motors / esc / fc resulting in a flamewar, so for now I just keep my mouth shut for now, hehe.

best

Viking Raja likes this.
  18. Scott Loeschner

Scott Loeschner New Member

Yeah Josh, quit being so nosy! (...kidding, Josh. And Ville, that rig does look pretty sweet!)

I'm Scott, owner and pilot for Hornet Eye Productions (horneteye.com) in beautiful San Diego. I am very new to all of this stuff, I just purchased my setup about six months ago (CS8 with a 360 Gimbal and MKII). Josh, from birdseye, has helped me out a lot (thanks Josh), but I am still lost...

I moonlight as a pilot for US Airways when I'm not trying to figure out this aerial video and photography stuff. This started out as a hobby for me, but I'm really starting to get hooked on it. The community is GREAT. I just hope that I can devote enough time to this so that I can stay abreast of the technology that freefly comes out with!

Hopefully I will be able to contribute something in a few years!

Cheers,
    Scott

19. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Welcome Scott! Glad you finally made it to the forum! Everyone here is super helpful and most know more than I do. ;) (Ehemmmmm ANDY!)

Josh

20. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

You rang, Sir? :)

Scott: Welcome. You'll find that copters are a different world. What gear do you already have?

Andy.