/dist/images/branding/favicon

Over 1,600ft CS8 Flight!

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Josh Lambeth, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I would be scared out of my mind to take my CS this high up!!!

Josh

2. Pavlos Antoniou

I think that he was not on the street.. he might be on a Floor..! Also the problem in not going up but return back..:)

3. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Another exhibit for anti "drone" legislation...

4. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Interesting comments on the Vimeo page. He was flying FPV for the tower shot. Fellow flier "Craneman" went after him about how irresponsible this stunt was.

FPV in the hands of these adrenaline stunt junkie clowns will eventually fudge it up for all of us. They're becoming more and more daring.

On a lighter note...gotta love 60p!

5. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Ya Howard... too bad it has jello all over the footage:rolleyes:

Watching it again, I wonder how much wind was up there?

6. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

I'm sure a crap load of wind! incredible that it wasn't lost at that altitude.

7. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Whats the max allowable range in the FAA circular? 400 feet? Gee that's only breaking the federal laws by 1000 feet.

8. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

The FAA's jurisdiction doesn't extend to Taipei. ;)
    What's Cantonese for "knucklehead"?

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

10. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

Oh wow...yeah I can certainly say that's irresponsible. I can only imagine how much RF interference there would be at 1600 ft. Not to mention that many buildings at that size also broadcast television stations. The footage is neat but I can't imagine what would happen if that rig came down on someone or something below.

Maybe he had some kind of in-flight insurance? Lol.
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/49798151?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

11. Rick Chen

Rick Chen New Member

This is my Video, First of all, I must admit that this is a risk, unless the use of specialized equipment and trained professional, you do not easily try.

This video was taken in the Chinese New Year like a dead city, so you can be observed from ground transportation in the video.

I accept that your criticism, but I still say this is not fair to me, I know better than anyone the danger, unless I have absolute certainty and preparation, otherwise I would tell you the same question the security.

I have a video can prove that this is taking off from a parking 2F.

My English is not good, but I would be very hard to understand what you published, and try to answer you questions.

12. Dave King

It sounds llke a quad. I wouldn't say its dead city. I see a ton of people on the street on the left hand side as the copter is taking off, and on descent I see a lot of traffic around that building.

13. Rick Chen

Rick Chen New Member

I accept your advice, I just said this was not responsible, but I don't think I need to explain.
    Have a nice day. Thank you.

14. Dave King

IF you didn't want to explain the circumstances behind the flight I'm not sure why you came on to explain other than you wanted to prove that you took off from the street. I just wanted to point out that you said that the city was dead, which isn't true.

I consider all copter pilots and owners all in the same little community. When someone does something wreckless like this it gives us our profession a bad wrap. When we have to justify what we do, we have to overcome people's perceptions that we are unsafe. People see these types of videos and see the press about people flying near airports and that's what sticks in the back of their minds when they think "drones" or "drone operators". If I ever have a thought in my mind about doing something a little on the unsafe side that might give me a great clip, I think of my little community of drone owners and what that would do to them if something went wrong and then that idea goes straight in the trash can. But that's just me.

Howard Dapp likes this.
  15. Rick Chen

Rick Chen New Member

I assure you that I have the same thinking and concerns with you, the day is Chinese New Year's morning, Taipei is a city of 6.8 million people in the city this day to return to their hometown, so I said the dead city, Only these days can be so quiet.

Execution time is only five minutes, but I spent 40 minutes in the preparation, you can see the crowd is an exhibition activities, these people the night before had been queuing in the local area flight in the opposite direction of the crowd.

I have to reiterate, this is my job, I paid great attention to the safety of themselves and others, hope you can understand. My English is not good, maybe I expressed poorly, but I did my best. Thank you.

I'll never do this kind of work again, I say to my clients.

16. Rick Chen

Rick Chen New Member

I'm sorry to cause you questioned, this video is for reference purposes only, I also long to declare this form of work is no longer carried out, thank you, I hope you fly safe and enjoyable. :)