/dist/images/branding/favicon

Feature request for next Radian firmwareq

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Ben Freedman, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Ben Freedman

Ben Freedman Member

Howdy...

I'd like to request a feature that I hope wouldn't be too difficult to impliment for the next version of the firmware, and that would be to offer a 2nd mode for the radian tilt servo where a rotary knob could be used to set the tilt angle.

Rather than now where the position is 'relative' and the radian will continue to tilt until the rotary knob is centered, perhaps a setting could make so that the control is 'absolute' and that where you set the rotary knob is where the radian will position the tilt angle. No 'setting back to center' to stop the tilt would be necessary...

This would free up a triple switch for me that I'm currently using to control the tilt, as I find it too awkward to try to find the 'middle' of the rotary control. I'd then be able to use that switch with my Stratosnapper to activate the video and photo mode of my camera...

Anyways, I'll email this to support too, but just thought I'd post it here to see if this would be something others might also like..

Best,

Ben

Benjamin Freedman
    PrimeImage Media
    480-399-0000 - direct
    480-240-9270 - office
    866-549-6051 - fax
    ben@PrimeImageMedia.com
    www.PrimeImageMedia.com

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Ben Freedman

Ben Freedman Member

It'd be ok if the setting was respect to 'level'. For example, when the radians are initialized on the ground, they calibrate to 'level'. Then your rotary knob could easily range from +10 degrees to -90 degrees. Again, with respect to level, not to the heli.

Maybe I'm missing something, but that just doesn't seem like that much work, since I assume the current tilt system is just adjusting what is 'level' all the time to generate the tilt...

Best,

Ben

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Good question for John C to pickup.