/dist/images/branding/favicon

CS 6 or CS8?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Joshi Dharmesh, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Joshi Dharmesh

Joshi Dharmesh New Member

Hello,

I am flying 600 mm quad with NAZA+GPS. I mount my LX5 on a 2 axis gimbal for video & images. I want to upgrade my setup to carry a DSLR.

I will be using Canon 5D or similar camera, freefly 3 axis mount with radian stabilizers, 2 video Tx for pilot & cam operator & sufficiently large battery for at least 12 to 15 minutes of air time.

Do you think CS6 can handle the load safely or should I go for CS8?

Thanks,

Joshi Dharmesh

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I'm going to make an unscientific guess here that, especially with the 3-axis and other equipment, you will want the CS8. It's not a huge difference in price (percentage-wise) for the added horsepower, redundancy and stability.

3. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

If you go with 6s power system a CS6 can handle the load and give nice flight times without sweating.

Having said that, I recently upgraded to a CS8 to carry larger cameras and have better redundancy.
    It is a very big machine though.

4. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Go for the CS8. The CS6 can handle but if you lost one motor it won't hold in the air.

5. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Go for the CS8. The CS6 can handle but if you lost one motor it won't hold in the air.

Shaun Stanton likes this.
  6. Ardian Putra

Ardian Putra New Member

im planning to get a CS8 in near future and Fly with a 5D mounted on. let's say the 5D weight arround 1.5kg with the lens. how long does the CS6 and CS8 can fly? i'm looking for a 12-15 minutes heavylift machine. well im leaning to octo setup. i got a 14 minutes of flight time using my hex with a mt3515. i'm curious how long can the cs8 fly with a 5D on flight, if there's any setup can fly about 12-14 minutes. what motor,prop,and batt combination is it?

7. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

8. Dave Howard

Dave Howard New Member

A lot of people fly the DJI S800 and it only has 6 motors. If one fails it goes into a controlled rotation and you can bring it back with IOC home-lock/heading-lock. I think there was a firmware update that added this to the Wookong-m, I wonder if this will work with the CS6.

9. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I have the stock Quadrocopter CS8 with 2-axis gimbal, and I get 10+ minute flight times with dual 8000mA 4S batteries and a 5D Mark III. I believe if you want 12-14 minutes with that payload you're going to have to go to a 5S or 6S system. Search the forums here for "heavy lift". There's one thread with several hundred entries which you should read through before you go much farther. Several of the folks on that thread have made good progress.

http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/converting-to-heavy-lift-cs8-build-thread.390/

10. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Im running a 5s and 6s (flies much better on 6s though) setup. Castle ice 50 escs, mt3515-15 motors, 15x5 XOAR props, and with a 3axis gimbal and 5D I was getting 17-18min of flight time on dual 8000mAh 5s and about 12min on dual 5000mAh 6s. I just got a couple 6000mAh 6s that I will be trying this week. Should be able to get about 14-15min with those.

Josh