/dist/images/branding/favicon

Units resetting... Brown out?

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Matt White, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Matt White

Matt White New Member

I'm having some issues where one or more axes will reset in flight... During testing I can see the axis jerk, and then the green light starts flashing rapidly and the axis is dead to stabilization and slew commands. After a variable amount of time the light goes solid green and the axis comes back.

I'm using these daisy-chained with a Spektrum satellite, and it seems like the units at the end of the chain (pitch most often, roll less often) that are crashing. Could it be a brown-out? I'm using an independent 5 amp BEC for the gimbal to give me 4.8V from 7.4V. Now that I think about it, 5A might not be enough to make these monster digital servos happy...

Thanks!

2. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

5A is plenty. A question I know will be asked is... Is your mount perfectly balanced? Or near perfect. Does this happen when the mount is loaded with camera weight? Anything binding..wires etc?

3. Matt White

Matt White New Member

After some more testing, it was definitely brownouts, as the battery had dropped below 5v. So, user error... With a new battery and the BEC switched to 6V, things are pretty snappy!