/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian single operator sbus wookong help

Discussion in 'Radian' started by olli collins, Feb 14, 2013.

1. olli collins

olli collins New Member

Hi All

I'm wanting run single and dual operator. I have a Futaba t8fg controlling my Wookong via SBUS. i will buy a spektrum with satellite for my camera operator. i understand that the spektrum will take control over the futaba when it is turned on so this i think solution switching from single to dual operator setup.

My question is how do i run the futaba Sbus from the wookong to the radian? also wolud i cut the red wire from wookong to radian so i still use the gimbals lipo and BEC to power the radians?

Cheers

Olli

2. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Hi Olli
    The wookong remains completely separate from the gimbal and the radians. You need to get a 2nd futaba receiver and bind that to the t8fg and then you can assign some of the gimbal controls from that receiver to the remaining available channels on your tx (you do that through the radian software) That way the gimbal and your copter still operate separate from one another and it doesn't affect anything when you turn on you camera op spectrum tx.
    Hope that helps
    Katya

3. olli collins

olli collins New Member

That's great thank you ! Should it be the same model Rx or will any sbus Rx be ok x

4. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Hi Olli
    I bought a slightly cheaper one than my regular one. The binding to the tx of the new receiver is not very clear on the internet or in the instructions so I called futaba in the end and they talked me through it so don't worry if it doesn't work from the instructions and call them.
    Good luck
    Katya

5. olli collins

olli collins New Member

thank you Katya!