/dist/images/branding/favicon

Bad day at the office

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Tabb Firchau, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Check out 9:44......ouch!

2. Sergei Kozin

Sergei Kozin New Member

"And good marksman may miss" :(

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ouch. Tabb do they make the attach bolts as load shearing for just those situations?

4. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Gary,

I dont think so, they beat the living hell out of the flight head and camera car so I think everything is built as robust as possible. I have seen the camera car with crane on top literally airborne on jobs before. These particular guys I have worked with a few times and capture some AMAZING footage.

Tabb

5. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

If the bolts would sheer you run the risk of running over the camera and putting your $100k+ camera car out of commission. Not to mention that if the camera made it past your own vehicle an unsuspecting trailing vehicle with unprepared non stunt drivers in it may fall victim to trying to avoid a giant tumbling Arri plus head. Or worse, imagine shooting a car commercial for a car that there are only two of in the world and the camera sheers of and slams into it. There would be some VERY unhappy clients if that were to happen.

I was on THIS commercial when a motorcycle camera vehicle nearly ditched at 55mph about 15' in front of the one off production Mustang. My close friend was the driver in the Mustang and has no doubt counted his blessings many times that he didn't collect the camera or the motorcycle with the front of that Mustang! That kind of stuff can be potentially career ending!