/dist/images/branding/favicon

Converting To Heavy Lift CS8 - BUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Josh Lambeth, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

So for those that are running the MK stack with the I2C converter what, if any, data do you have coming back to the transmitter if you are using a Graupner MX-20 or the like?

2. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

I had everything except anything to do with the motors/currents etc on my MX-20. If I remember correctly...

The voltage was wrong for me because I used a BEC to power the FC from 6s. If you run correct caps and recom and run power directly to FC it would be fine I assume.

What are you seeing?

3. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

Ran into this problem with apc props. The threads aren't long enough. I used the 6mm-8mm adapters as spacers so it was prop / washer /adapter / nut. It worked fine, but I would rather have some proper 6mm washers.

4. kjetil tønnesen

i think i wil waith for the new fc coming out;)

5. Viking Raja

Viking Raja New Member

Dear Mr. Josh,

your post are very informative & useful. i have seen your videos, for RED EPIC lift are you using Tiger Motor MT3515s & Xoar 15x5's?.
    How much flying time you are getting with with RED EPIC.

Thank you

Viking Raja

Thomas Brown likes this.
  6. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

HI Josh

Just started reading over this thread which is a very good read by the way. Just curious why do clients request the RED? What end product do customers need for such a high end cinema camera? Everything has to be down res'd anyway. Our school is very technology driven with millions of dollars for capital initiatives and we can't even get a RED because its not a justifiable end product. It's like a photographer wanting a 7000 dpi photo camera, whats the point? Most monitors can't even match the resolution what the RED puts out to even take advantage of the added resolution. Just curious as to why everyone is going crazy over RED cameras on a rotorcopter.

Dave

7. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Hey Dave

There are many answers to that question...

But the simplest is resolution and latitude.
    Most aerial jobs that are film/episode TV based require 4K resolution and raw latitude to match the shot that is being shot on the ground in 4-5K, most often. And people delivering footage even to just the internet want it just as sharp as the next thing. When you see a 4K aerial image scaled down to 1080 it looks fantastic and when you compare 1080 verses 4-5K down res'd there is no comparison.
    Latitude is the other which allows for more general exposure and colors that can be totally changed non destructively in editing and post. This is just as big in some ways as resolution for some projects.

I work in the industry and we own an Epic and a Scarlet for just these reasons and also because you will asked to do jobs that will only work on this format... that is the biggest reason why.

Kristian C likes this.
  8. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Josh

9. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I had no idea some of you guys were doing films! Do these companies not require you to have insurance since its impossible to get it now? I'm just in the process of getting my business on the ground with demo reels this year and didn't even realize the FAA put a squeeze on everything until just recently.

10. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Dave, it's not impossible to get insurance. It's just complicated and expensive (see AerialPak). Now, whether or not the underwriters will actually pay a claim if something happens, that's another story. :oops:

Howard Dapp likes this.
  11. Viking Raja

Viking Raja New Member

Dear Mr. Josh,

your post are very informative & useful. i have seen your videos, for RED EPIC lift are you using Tiger Motor MT3515s & Xoar 15x5's?.
    How much flying time you are getting with with RED EPIC.

Thank you

Viking Raja

12. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

VIking I think Josh talks about flight times earlier in this post.

13. Viking Raja

Viking Raja New Member

14. Josh Lambeth

OK guys, Im asking for your help now with the I2C converter... For those of you who are running it are any of you having issues with Alt. Hold and your copter acting funny during flights? Mine has inconsistant flight characteristics. Some flights it flys perfect, others im fighting the copter the entire time. This is all without making any adjustments. Also sometimes during flights with the copter in a hover I will hear a couple motors kick up and sound much different then the others? The copter will then sometimes yaw or it feels like it's fighting itself on yaw... I can't figure out and to be honest Im not to trusting of the copter currently. I am looking to switch to either the Wookong-m or maybe the YS-X6 from ZeroUAV (so far looks like a pretty nice system) or maybe hold out for the FF boards... but im not sure when those are being released. Thoughts or comments would be great. Thanks!

Josh

15. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Josh I've got about 15 flights on mine. AH and PH seem to be rock solid. The only things I changed last weekend were taking the ACC/Comp up and took the Max Throttle from 230 to the top which I think is 247.

I2C is at 500 and I am using the ICE 50 settings that I sent you. I am at only a 6100g AUW, haven't flown the Nikon yet and it is only a 2Axis so lower weight than you have. With the current setup, 4S, 9000 single battery I am getting 8 min flight times.

Did you examine the pressure sensor and make sure that you haven't broken a leg or picked up a bit of dietrus that might be causing a problem?

Altitude.png

16. Josh Lambeth

Hmm.... Weird...

I have tried 2 different MK FCs and both reacted the same way so i don't think it's an FC problem...I have my converter at 500mhz as well and am running the Multi-rotor firmware on the ESCs. Only difference is I am using 5S batteries. What motors are you using on yours?

josh

17. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

I feel the same. To be honest I don't trust they will...I feel it's actually a scam after chatting with them.

18. Howard Dapp

Josh, Have you tried flying 6s? or is it all 5s? I think you will find 6s a much different experience with your setup running 400kv motors.

19. Howard Dapp

What insurance are some of us using for our copters? I know AerialPak is one

20. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

AerialPak has been the only ones I have read about on a number of different forums.