/dist/images/branding/favicon

Freefly gimbal stabilization

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Michael Braun, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Thanks,
    Meaning, if you move the pan stick full right, hold for a couple secs then let it snap back to center does the gimbal come to a slow soft stop? can this "stop" be adjusted to make it softer/longer or harder/quicker? An example would be the new modified MK firmware hacked for gimbal use, you're able to adjust the pan & tilt axis start and stop ramping from a couple of milliseconds to a couple seconds.

This would be a great feature.

2. Brian Bills

Brian Bills New Member

All of that functionality is hard coded at the moment. While I'm not familiar with the algorithms there is some of that going on already.

Very rarely is simpler better but in the case of the Radian, FF has hit the nail on the head.

3. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

4. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Andy - just curious if you "packaged" your air pressure sensor... I somehow missed this step when I first built my CS8 so thinking others may have as well.

Joe

5. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I too forgot this on my original build it AH was all over the place. Def make sure to "package" it! I still prefer to fly manual though.

Josh

6. Nico Turini

Nico Turini New Member

Josh,

could you show us a picture for that? I'm new to the MK (today I'm flying my CS with WK-M...) and I'm hearing here and there that the altitude is a little bit hard to manage (and perhaps because on the MK the ACC aren't used in altitude mode??).

Thanks!

7. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

This should help you out. I can't get a good picture on mine right now.

http://mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/heightsensor

Josh

8. Wing Gee

Wing Gee New Member

I just noticed on quadrocopter's site, that they will be shipping the radians on 9/15. Can't wait to get mine. :D

9. Berndt Frogner

Berndt Frogner New Member

Extremely pleased to say that I have just recieved (and installed) our comercial version of the 3XRadian, really neat installation especially compared to earlier clutter with other stabilsation systems.

Now, as far as SW to configure the Radian system I have some questions I got a link for some 6 weeks old config SW and it doesn't fully look like the screen shots in the Installation documentation, what seem to be missing is the option to chose between S-bus, PPM and Spektrum and it seem to default to S-bus and I am running PPM, is there a link for an updated SW version or am I missing something else completely ?

Best,

Berndt

10. Morgan Friedland

QC just sent me a shipping confirmation order for my Radian stab boards. Should be here in two days. Wooo Hooo!!!!

11. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello All,

Yes, all of the Radian pre-orders were filled this afternoon. Thanks to everyone for their patience and to Tabb and the Freefly crew for pulling through on the deadline!

Greetings,
    Adam

BirdsEyeProd likes this.
  12. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Yes well done guys! Having been through this before, it always seems like the last 20% of the process takes 80% of the time! But worth it in the end.
    -m

13. David Pope

David Pope New Member

Thanks to all at FreeFly and Quadrocopter. It prolly would have been easy to push the ship date out. Great work. Both of your companies are outstanding IMO. I'm really looking forward to recieving these.

David

14. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Guys! lots of hard work by the Freefly team to make this release happen. Big shout out to John, Bee, Megan, David, and Hugh for pulling this off. This is our most complex product to date and we are really proud of the way it turned out!

As always Quadrocopter team does an excellent job, cheers to them as well!

Please note there is a Radian forum here now where we can discuss all things Radian:

http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?forums/radian.23/

15. Emanuele Chiocchio

Our Radian full kit (3x) is on its way too and should arrive in a couple of days! Thanks to FreeFly and Quadrocopter's guys for the great hard work!

16. wildnrg

wildnrg New Member

Can you please post what settings need to be changed for the radian to work with the AV130. I find that the MK FCS does a fantastic job with pitch stabilization, but it doesn't do as well with roll. I'm very happy with the radian on my CS gimbal.