/dist/images/branding/favicon

Ronin 2 On Alta X

Discussion in 'ALTA X' started by JoshuaDunn, Jun 16, 2021.

1. JoshuaDunn

JoshuaDunn New Member

Hey All, I am trying to fly a jumbo sized lens 21-100 on the R2 rig on Alexa mini under the X, I have put the digi ignite landing gear on, it all fits, is 15kg so flight times are down, but still ok

Problem is stabiltiy, the R2 has a lot of micro vibes going on, cant seem to tune it out

Have put in stronger shores into the ISO under the X, but still ropey

Any ideas? I would usually fly the Movi Pro, but cant fit the big old donkey cock of a lens into it

Any advice or ideas appreciated

Cheers, Josh

2. Ben Ellingson

Ben Ellingson New Member

That seems to be an issue with gimbals with integrated landing legs on the Alta X. My theory is that the big props are creating strong, rhythmic turbulence that hits the legs and shakes the pan axis. When I fly the same Movi Pro gimbal under the Alta 8, the issue goes away. It also goes away when I pull the legs off. Then it's just a matter of landing on a platform instead. 'Really wish FF would address this with a set of retracts...

#2 Ben Ellingson, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  3. JoshuaDunn

JoshuaDunn New Member

Thanks Ben, I tried a few flights without landing gear on and I agree, had much better results, but the X is a total bitch to land in the wind onto a padded cradle, with it’s wonky extendable cross shape, I nearly crashed and decided it was not worth the risk, I think it works with the pro as it has a smaller footprint and the gear stays out of the downforce zone, Copter worx in Germany, or maybe rotor worx does a retractable for the X, at only 5000 euro!!!!

Ben Ellingson likes this.
  4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Joshua can you post some links for those landing gear please? I can not find the rotorworx ones

5. JoshuaDunn

JoshuaDunn New Member

Yeah sorry man, it’s Kopterworx, google Alta X landing gear it it comes up to their site eventually

6. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Joshua i was like all excited for a second oooh a new company I do not know about!! haha Yeah those Kopterworx landing gear look solid

7. Luke Frederik

Luke Frederik New Member

Hey Jason we have also since released a set for Alta X which is not comprised of DJI modules. We did a full overhaul of the mechanics and electronics, produced a new assembly to address reliability and calibrated operation. More info below should you still be interested;

https://www.newsshooter.com/2021/11...ear-upgrade-for-freefly-systems-alta-x-drone/

Happy to answer any questions should you have any!

8. JoshuaDunn

JoshuaDunn New Member

Thanks Luke, we got your new gear a few weeks ago, just had to wait on some bits to get it to work with the new long range Radio, very sexy Landing gear, very excited to be installing it today

Cheers, Josh

9. Luke Frederik

Luke Frederik New Member

That's awesome let me know how you go with them, more specifically if you had better results with the mentioned camera package!