/dist/images/branding/favicon

My HDMI output is down and I can't move on with support

Discussion in 'Wave Camera' started by Vincent Kardasik, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Vincent Kardasik

Vincent Kardasik New Member

Hi there.
    First post here and I was hoping for something more entertaining.
    On July 15th, I lost all signal from my HDMI output. I tested several cables & monitors then tried to re-install (update) the camera firmware without success. Camera is unusable.
    I canceled the shoot I had the next day and contacted support, explained my issue through email and gave them my serial number.
    36 hours without reply, I insisted and finally got a message 2 days later after filling my first ticket. Support asked for the serial number I already gave and wrote camera has to come in for repair, no address or process explanation.
    Being in Europe, I asked if I can go through a retailer / distributor to simplify the temporary export process... No reply. Since that, I sent 4 new messages and never get a reply. I even tried contacting Freefly on Instagram this weekend and the CM replied to me saying he'll try to help.
    It's been 11 days without being able to use the camera... I ended up canceling 3 shoots as I could not postpone them, I have no idea when my camera will be checked and when it will come back.
    Honestly it's quite disappointing. Even if it costs less than 10K, it's still a professional camera and it should not be a mission to get it fixed or to communicate with support...
    This situation is really disappointing.

2. João Tocha

João Tocha New Member

It's not a desirable response at all from FreeFly. Very disappointing for sure.

3. Vincent Kardasik

Hi Joao,

I'm not going to lie, I was really upset about the situation.
    However I talked to the support yesterday evening and they provide me a great solution, I think I will be able to shoot within the end of the week so problem will be solved real soon.
    It seems like they had a lot of request last week and less staff than usual, it can happen everywhere.
    I will keep that thread updated ASAP.

4. Mieszko Socha

Mieszko Socha New Member

Got the same issue today. Tried the same. I'm opening a ticket right now.

5. Vincent Kardasik

Unfortunately, for that issue, camera has to be sent back to Freefly.

6. Mieszko Socha

Mieszko Socha New Member

So your was repaired or replaced? I wonder if it is a poor quality HDMI port issue/ bad soldering or some chip-related problem.

7. Vincent Kardasik

My camera was repaired so I can't tell what really is the problem.

8. Ali

Ali New Member

Yesterday on a shoot when connecting the 5" SmallHD monitor to the camera I got a spark on the HDMI port and after that no HDMI output. The camera still records and stores files on the memory. I had no choice but to continue the shoot with Canon C70 at a lower FPS. Opened a ticket with support today. I am looking for a solution.