/dist/images/branding/favicon

New 5" Monitor with Receiver > Iftron/Immersion 5.8Ghz

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Thijm, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

This will be used as a secondary client monitor and 'stealth recorder' when needed;)

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I ordered one. It seems like a no-brainer. My favorite kind of thing.
    But seriously, that's the funny thing about wireless: anybody can receive the signal without degrading it.
    And being able to record the downlink like this is awesome, even if I just use a video cable out of my RX to do it.
    I ordered the 'D' band model, and hopefully that'll work with my Iftron setup's frequencies. I couldn't find any information about frequencies on the Iftron website, but the posts over in the other forum seem to indicate that the 'D' band is the right one. I guess I'll find out soon enough. ;)

3. Craig Peterschmidt

Craig Peterschmidt New Member

Looks like a good product, but I hate when the "HD" term is used with a product, even though it does not receive a true HD signal. That's misleading to those consumers who don't know better.
    I digress, as I will buy one for my SD NTSC transmitter.

4. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

We were doing a super 16 show last year and had a kit built with 2 - 7" monitors that had built in dvr. Worked out quite well. This season we moved over to the Alexa so now I'm recycling the kit for my cs8.

5. Steve Maller

I got mine yesterday, but it'll be a day or two before I can try it out. But I may wait until I get my SmartOSD outfitted...

6. Steve Maller

OK, jacked it up today for a simple little test. It was reasonably clear in bright sunlight. And the reception in 5.8ghz mode was pretty decent. Here's a short video, recorded on the device itself. Seems a good deal. If I run a splitter out of my video RX, the picture will be better, but I kind of like the redundancy of a second receiver.

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve that looks good. Any chance of you shooting some iPhone/Android video of the screen outdoors to see how it looks? Video recorder look solid. Suggestion that you add the GPS co-ordinates to the screen. In case of a flyaway you can go back and at least get an idea of where it was before loss of signal.

Howard Dapp likes this.
  8. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Great idea!

9. Steve Maller

I'll give that a go tomorrow. Good idea vis a vis the GPS coords. I am a little concerned about the screen being too cluttered now, so I may lose the compass and artificial horizon. It doesn't seem like its reaction time is fast enough to be really useful, anyway. I'm primarily interested in battery level, altitude and flags. And I've ordered one of the switches from DPCAV so I can toggle between the payload camera and the little FPV camera. But I'm running out of switches, so I may reconsider that.

10. Steve Maller

Here's a photo of the screen in bright sunlight, but of course it's difficult to gauge its brightness. It's not as good as my other screen (a smallHD DP6) but it's respectable.

IMG_6289.JPG

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

MC-32/GR-16?

Andy.

12. Steve Maller

I just got a Walkera Ladybird, and I configured my LCD/DVR to be able to receive the Ladybird’s video transmission (channel 7 and 8 work). Here’s a little video I made. I love this little copter!

13. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Got one too, its very handy but not for FPV. More like secondary monitor, or backup.. For our config its for the camera operator, nr 1 monitor, 17" recordning cam, nr2 this 5" monitor fpv view with smart-osd. Or for costumer, easy to hand over a little monitor, all built in with recording!