/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi M5 + Bmpcc4k

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Tobia Montanari Lughi, Oct 6, 2018.

1. andrey ivanyuk

andrey ivanyuk New Member

Thank for the reply Ill try to balance the cam with my dovetale if that does not work I’ll use your idea

Corey Nuss likes this.
  2. Corey Nuss

Corey Nuss New Member

Awesome, hope it works for you!

3. andrey ivanyuk

Hope so to movi pro is pretty pricy for me once business goes then I’ll upgrade but for now have to work with what I have I have ronin m but it’s so hard to balance without striping everything down

Corey Nuss likes this.
  4. Corey Nuss

Corey Nuss New Member

I promise it’s worth it once you get your hands on one though! But I totally get it. It was a lot for me to purchase but I don’t regret it one bit!

5. andrey ivanyuk

Oh I bet can’t wait one question how did you pull that I don’t what’s it called the opposite side of the tilt motors that holds the cage on 25mm rod

6. Corey Nuss

Corey Nuss New Member

It’s glued in there. You can either break the 25mm rod and peel it off like I did, or try using a heat gun to warm up the glue? I tried using a hair dryer but didn’t even come close to getting hot enough.

I just tried looking for a picture and couldn’t find it. But I basically broke the 25mm rod and just peeled it off and scraped the old glue off to put in new epoxy.

7. andrey ivanyuk

Before I do that is the inside the 25mm was it same size or it step down 23mm cuz the one I bought 25mm carbon rod The inside is 23mm

8. Corey Nuss

Corey Nuss New Member

I believe it will work with what you have. Below is a link to the exact rods I purchased in order to do this modification.

2pcs 25mm x 23mm x 400mm 3K Carbon Fiber Tube Plain Weave Matte Finish https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V8LQ65...abc_A2N1Y53BHGTHA1QKSJ64?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

9. andrey ivanyuk

10. Corey Nuss

Corey Nuss New Member

then I believe you should be all set!

11. andrey ivanyuk

Awesome I’ll post a pic ones I’m done hopefully everything works out

12. Corey Nuss

Corey Nuss New Member

Awesome! I’m stoked to see it!!

13. andrey ivanyuk

the CineMilled doveplate is not long enough I see on one of your pic you have lws 15mm baseplate is that what I’m seen if so how did you manage to attach to the m5 if you remember

#33 andrey ivanyuk, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  14. Corey Nuss

Corey Nuss New Member

I used the Tilta baseplate that slides into the Tilta cage for BMPCC4K and 6K cameras. Then I screwed in the cinemilled M5 MōVI plate into that baseplate. The Tilta baseplate is what I used to add 15mm rods for lens support and nucleus motors.

15. andrey ivanyuk

Sweet that what I was thinking to do cool thanks

16. andrey ivanyuk

So o started to take apart the rods I took the rod on the motor side before I was going to do the other side I powered on and check it scared me I had no power to motors I wiggled the wires and it’s back to normal is there a way you remember doing it sorry for so many questions

17. Corey Nuss

Corey Nuss New Member

Hey, sorry for the super late response. We’re you able to get it reassembled with longer rods?

18. andrey ivanyuk

No I tried the wires kept giving me problems every time I extended the app kept showing me inverted motor not working or something 3 green blinking lights kept coming on I put back together and it worked fine I was able to balance the cam without the cage. I end up finding a good deal on an m15 for 600bucks and that one full cage and more and still able to slide plate on the gimbal in front instead of back way on the m5. sucks but I’m just going to sell m5 and use m15 till I get enough money to buy movi pro

Corey Nuss likes this.
  19. Corey Nuss

Corey Nuss New Member

Bummer you were having issues. I know that there’s a cable that connects to the top of the computer box thing and when that gets unplugged, the three lights will flash.

but that’s awesome you found a used m15 for $600! That should do you well until you upgrade. I promise the MōVI pro is worth it in the long run. I’m glad I pulled the trigger and sold the M5.

20. andrey ivanyuk

I checked every wire when I extended nothing was unplugged I’m guessing the wire crimping somewhere I didn’t want go any further since it’s practically new I didn’t want to mess with it

Corey Nuss likes this.