/dist/images/branding/favicon

2k pretty unuseable from WAVE, but 4k is killer!

Discussion in 'Wave Camera' started by Marcin Biegunajtys, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Marcin Biegunajtys

Marcin Biegunajtys New Member

I've been shooting a bunch and have been getting good results with the 4k footage, but when I go to 2k I always have issues with jagged edges/lines as well as the other day I got my footage looking completely soft, as if it was a bad preview file. anyone else seeing similar?
    I know this is the first wave (no pun intended :) of the product, but I'm looking forward to previews and ability to select multiple clips, saving color settings across multiple clips for quicker conversion, etc. So far, impressed with the footage and can't wait to use in production!

2. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

I have to agree with you 100%. 4K holds up much better in grading, but the limited DR just murders the 2K footage almost to the point of unusable. It's hard to retain highlights and bring back anything slightly underexposed. I hope that some firmware upgrades will help, but not sure if it's just hardware limitations at this point. Love watching things play back though, lol.

3. Bernhard Pusch

Bernhard Pusch New Member

Agreed, the 2K footage is really bad. Currently running Firmware v1.1.0.
    Besides what you guys already stated, there are sensorpattern all over.
    Please have a look at the attached picture.
    • vertical pattern
    • jagged edges/lines
    • strange line on the right side of the frame (white lilne), the same on the very left
    Download PNG/MP4 and Settings Screenshot here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/grxt5hv388w5n3v/AADg5J0EtTHHvsK4VaKti4N8a?dl=0

[​IMG]