/dist/images/branding/favicon

MōVI pro not tilting in inverted mode?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by PJ Mozingo, Oct 9, 2020.

1. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

I’m a bit confused about why my MōVI pro, when mounted inverted, is not allowing me to tilt correctly. Sometimes it boots up wants to tilt backward (as opposed to facing frontal). It is mounted to the top of my Alta 8 and I’m trying to control it with my MōVI controller. See attached video for example. Any advice is appreciated!

#1 PJ Mozingo, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Is the Roll beam right-side-up? I don't see your attached video.

3. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

It is still upside down. I had to upload the video to Youtube since adding it to the post wasn't working.

4. Graham Futerfas

OK, feel free to send the link. The Roll Beam should be right-side-up... so usually I roll the Pan motor over the right side of the camera when I invert it, and that way the camera (and Roll Beam) are right-side-up in the cage.

5. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

Gotcha. I haven't had to invert the Movi since I owned the M5 years ago, so the Pro (running Blackjack) has had some changes to that operation.

The video should be viewable now on the first post, but here is the link just in case:

6. Graham Futerfas

Yeah, your camera (and Roll beam) is upside down, so it's trying to right itself. When you Invert, you keep the Roll Beam and the camera right side up, but roll the Pan motor over the right side of camera so it's on the bottom and not the top. Does that make sense? I can look for some photos for you, but your 3 latches on the bottom of the tilt stage should be pointed toward the ground and the Movi Pro logo should be right side up.

7. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

That makes sense and will definitely give it a try tomorrow. Thank you for the quick reply fix!!

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  8. Graham Futerfas

9. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

It's insane I've had the Movi Pro this long and never had to invert it before, lol.