/dist/images/branding/favicon

little blinking light to left of power button

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Greg Killmaster, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Greg Killmaster

This light is blinking in place of it charging. I've always been able to charge it with my USB hub and now it won't. Is there a defect. I suspect the batteries are completely drained but never had this issue before. Would appreciate any advice. It says on the help page it may be a system error but no clues as to what to do about it.

Thanks!

Greg

2. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

Try removing the batteries and reseating?

Then charge again, but not from a hub?

I recently bought a high speed USB C charger with a USB-C to USB-C cable and it seems the Movi doesn't like the high speed charger at all and would not charge even at a slower rate. (Could be issue with the charger though).

I used a regular charger with the USB A to USB C cable and it charged as normal.

3. Greg Killmaster

Thanks so much for the reply John. You got it exactly right with the charger idea. Turns out, my batteries had reached a low end limit where they couldn't be charged by the internal charger any more. So once I got another external charger and charged them a little, I could recharge them inside the Movi!

4. Aaron Lee

Aaron Lee New Member

I had the same problem. I didn't use my Movi for a month and when I went to charge it, it had the red blinking light. I tried to reseat the batteries but nothing happened, so I bought an external charger from amazon (https://amz.run/3Zmo) for $12.99 (after reading this post) and it was a bit tricky. I popped in the batteries into the charger and it showed that it was fully charged. So I left them on the charger for 15 minutes and then put them into the Movi and plugged in the charging cable back in and the light was no longer red but looked like it was actually charging. So I took the batteries out again and put them back in the external charger and to my surprise, the battery level was at one bar. So I left them on there for an hour and when it was fully charged I popped them back into the Movi and it works!!! Hope this helps you if you're having the same issue.

5. Greg Killmaster

Thank Aaron, I ended up having exactly the same experience though I got a different charger. This one:
    https://www.imrbatteries.com/nitecore-i4-4-channel-battery-charger/

Maybe this will help someone else now :) Thanks for your reply.