/dist/images/branding/favicon

Worth Buying Movi Pro in 2020?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Hunter Johnson, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Hunter Johnson

Hunter Johnson New Member

I was looking to purchase a Movi Pro. It's been out for a while is it worth buying one in 2020? Any Rumors of a new one releasing soon?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Buy used? What are you planning to shoot with it?

3. Graham Futerfas

By the way, I still use my Movi Pro all the time, and I love it! but I also own a Ronin 2, which is better suited for some jobs.

4. Hunter Johnson

I've used other Offbrand Gimbals for a while and recently upgraded my Camera to a RED Gemini. I plan on using the Movi Pro longterm and have been a fan of Freefly for a while, but never had a need since I was using a smaller Camera Package. I'm just worried about investing in the Movi Pro and having a newer version released within the year.

5. Graham Futerfas

I'm actually hoping they'll release a new gimbal soon, but to be honest the only things I want are longer tilt arms and a bit more powerful motors. I get asked to operate with larger cameras and lenses a lot though, so I really do need more horsepower sometimes.

The current Movi Pro is still an awesome gimbal, especially if you outfit it with some 3rd party gear that really makes it shine. I use my Movi Pro regularly with RED cameras and pro gear.

No one knows what their actual plans are, but Movi Pro has been around for almost 4 years. Ronin 2 is also very good, but heavier, and the Movi has better clearance for low-shots. I'm a huge fan of Freefly, and I would love to see their next generation of gimbal, but if you just need to stabilize your Red Gemini, the Movi Pro is very well suited to do that.

Hunter Johnson likes this.
  6. Benjamin Granet

If you want, I have a fully equipped MōVI pro I’d like to sell...
    It has most of the ignite digi accessories.

I wanted to sell it this year but with COVID, it became complicated to sell and ship anything.
    It’s my secondary kit I had to buy at a time.

I wouldn’t buy new, with all the accessories it would come out quite expensive.

7. Hunter Johnson

Do You need any alternative Cables other than the ones Freefly Provides for the RED DSMC2 to be Compatible?