/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro wont Invert

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Kevin Derda, May 1, 2020.

1. Kevin Derda

Kevin Derda New Member

Title says it all. I have been practicing my skills in my ready rig since I have a bunch if time on my hands and whenever I try to flip the Movi upside down the tilt won't correct its self. I am running the black jack software.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I think you have to pause the motors (double-tap the power button), flip the ring, flip the gimbal, then re-engage the motors. Does that answer your question? I may not be understanding you, but it sounds like you want to run the Movi inverted, so you get more height with the lens.

3. Kevin Derda

Kevin Derda New Member

Attached Files:

4. Kevin Derda

Kevin Derda New Member

Just posted a picture. I have tried pausing flipping and un pausing. I have tried just booting the Movi while upside down with no luck either. The tilt axis wants to stay pointed towards the batteries. Everything works perfectly fine it right side up mode

5. Graham Futerfas

So you can use your Ready Rig, pick up the gimbal with the lens facing you, double tap the power button to pause motors, flip the gimbal away from you so now the ring and camera are upside down, flip the camera over by hand so it's right-side-up with the Ring upside down, and then double tap the power button to engage the motors. The only trick I find is keeping your monitor out of the way of the Ready Rig straps.

Or get a dock that allows you to hang the ring upside down, or get the new version of the Ring with the toad on the bottom, or get a Pro Ring.... lots of options to simplify this process.

6. Graham Futerfas

That's odd, because you should be able to take the Movi off the ring, invert it onto a Toad, and re-engage. You're not doing anything different than that. Are you sure you're inverting correctly?

7. Graham Futerfas

The Gimbal is upside down in your picture.

8. Kevin Derda

Kevin Derda New Member

Thanks for your help...I thought the cymbal would flip itself, didn't know I have to flip it.

Cheers !

Graham Futerfas likes this.