/dist/images/branding/favicon

Modifiyed Movi pro / Steadicam combo

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Daniel Voorhees, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Daniel Voorhees

Daniel Voorhees New Member

Hey friends! I just wanted to show you this cool new thing I have been working on to get more consistent shots. 84758419_2519254871623455_4592752316527935488_n.jpg 85191177_203432457510035_3412550932003553280_n.jpg

It uses power taken from (soon to be four) movi pro batteries at the bottom linked through a super light 3d printed battery cover at the top! With this set up I can run the movi for at least 3 hours without changing anything. All together it only weights about 53lbs

Heres a wonderful 720p shot we got the other day! Hope you like it! zero post stabilization.

Also, if you guys want a great 3d printed mattebox that wights ~200grams, here you go!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4143422

Attached Files:

Matt Laver likes this.
  2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Are you planning to incorporate a Thumb controller for Tilt? Also, are you using a really small (or zero?) Pan Window in your Majestic settings?

3. Daniel Voorhees

Daniel Voorhees New Member

Good questions! My plan (eventualy) is to get a thumb controller, however i'm debating on making one vs buying one. I know that Aerial Pixel sells one (https://aerialpixels.com/shop/gimbals/movi-series/movi-pro/movi-pro-joystick-controller/) and redrock Micro sells one as well, However the problem with aerialpixels, is that I believe you need the mimic and I need that so my AC and pull for me, and the Micro is expensive! So: What im going to do is get a Sbus Recever and a Sbus transmitter and DIY my own! I think I can spend less then ~20 on it, however if you know of a wired Sbus joystick I would love that as well! less wires is better, but so is control!

And my pan is at next to zero! there's a little pan help because im not perfect!

Attached Files:

4. Henning Sandström

Henning Sandström New Member

Nice build!

How did it all end up? Did you find a decent thumb controller?
    I'm planning on trying to make a similar rig. I've been using this now for many years to control tilt in majestic mode. https://www.amazon.com/Proportional-Thumb-Joystick-Ronin-M-Gimbal/product-reviews/B01H89LSWY

The problem is that I need to turn down remote scale rate A LOT in order to get a smooth tilt, which in turn affects my pan settings in a negative way (SLOW)... Maybe there is a workaround for this problem, but I have not found a solution.

I want to be able to do wip-pans, while also having a smooth tilt control. If anyone has found a solution let me know :)

Henning