/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi ring II and Cinemilled pro ring

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Mikkel-Becker Aakervik, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Mikkel-Becker Aakervik

We are looking at expanding the flexability of other ring solutions than the Movi pro original ring.

The Pro 2 looks the same as the original except the mounting addition between the feet. Can one modify the Movi original ring as we find the Movi II ring a bit pricy for the added feature.

Anyone with experience with the Cinemilled pro ring. We travel a lot with our setup and thought it could be a good solution where we cannot fit in the oruiginal ring.

We work with the Easyrig Stabil, with a Sony FX9 mounted on the Movi Pro

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Not saying it will be cheap, but Flowcine is coming out with a new ring that will go along with their Gimbal Link vest. Cinemilled's Pro Ring was designed for travel and flexibility, but somehow I've never gotten around to buying one.

Unrelated, are you powering your FX9 with Sony batteries on the Movi Pro? I'm very disappointed there's no D-Tap to Barrel plug cable available, like with the FS7, so I can power it through the gimbal. I presume this is related to needing 19V, but I often work with FS7 owners who don't even own Sony Batteries, and just go with Gold or V-mount, which can be a problem for me if they show up with only that battery option.

3. Mikkel-Becker Aakervik

We have just ordered https://woodencamera.com/products/d-tap-to-sony-fx9 Not sure if this will solve that? We actually bought 3 x 98 Hawk Woods for the FX9 it really eats batteries, I would say 2 to 3 times faster then the FS7. Other then that it is a really great upgrade from the FS7 MK II.

Will the flowcine be compatible with the Easyrig Vario 5 with Serene? Also do you know if there is a way to upgrade the original ring to the Movi II ring?