/dist/images/branding/favicon

How much reliable the Alta 8 Pro is?

Discussion in 'ALTA 8 Pro' started by Riccardo Corbari, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Riccardo Corbari

Riccardo Corbari New Member

Hi all,

we're evaluating some other options to eventually replace our DJI M210 RTK V2, used mainly for surveys, and also for inspections (thermal included).

I thought that Alta 8 Pro was a very reliable system, but I read several complaints about it crashing or going close to it.

We need a very reliable UAV since we mainly fly over urban areas in critical scenarios.

Of course, on this forum I can find enthusiasts or operators that have serious problems, but I would find out some more details about the FC problems and eventual crashes that some pilots had.

Thanks and merry Christmas.

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Riccardo I dont fly the alta 8 pro but i do fly the alta 8 in urban areas in Tokyo on construction fields and critical scenarios. I have not had any problems with it!! Its a great machine easy to fly and the Synapse flight controller is awesome!!

If you need dont need fly waypoints for your surveying work I would recommend Alta 8. I was also told this by FREEFLY directly

Riccardo Corbari likes this.
  3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to add to what Jason said, the Alta Pro does provide waypoint flying with QMissionControl. There have been very few issues with the ALTA Standard/Pro, but if the pilots posted on this forum you can certainly see all of the published details. See e.g. https://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/alta-8-pro-crash.13272/

The forum is targeted towards professional users and therefore the discussions are as open as possible so feel free to contact any of the forum members, Riccardo.

My experiences have been rock-solid with FF's technology. But that said, as a computer geek, I know that all computerized systems are subject to the rule: "They work fine until suddenly they don't." So in an urban environment (come to think of it, whenever I'm flying an RC aircraft), I adopt a strategy of "trust but verify" and stand ready to take over control all the time if my instincts tell me something's gone awry. I'm sure that both you and Jason share that view.

Hope this helps...
    Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

If in doubt gas it up no-one has ever crashed with the sky haha

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

II think we'd agree that it's the edges of the sky that are the problem, Jason.

6. Riccardo Corbari

Riccardo Corbari New Member

Thaks to all. I will look further into this platform.