/dist/images/branding/favicon

Auto Tune issue

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by steve green, Dec 17, 2019.

1. steve green

steve green Member

Hi everyone, I’m on a shoot in Panamá and having issues with auto tune. I’ve always used it with no trouble at all. Now after I auto tune the gimbal vibrates. I need to lower the settings of the pan, tilt, and roll from about 125 to 70 or so. The MP seems to perform ok with these settings but I’d like to get back to auto tune and go. I’ve got the auto tune set to 60. Btw set up is red monstro, sigma primes, BT matte box, two nucleus motors, and teradek bolt. Any help would sure be appreciated.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

You can also use Filters to help you out with vibrations, but I usually have to do some manual tweaking after an Auto Tune to sort out vibrations. Mostly, it would be fine in my hands and on my vest, but I also hang the gimbal in a dock on a stand, and it tends to wobble from too much motor strength there.

That's not a heavy setup you have, so I'd imagine your settings around 70 sound typical.

3. steve green

steve green Member

Thanks
    Thanks, Graham for the quick reply. I hat can’t figure out why it worked every time for a year and now I need to back off the stiffness after the auto tune. Strange. I should mention that I did fiddle with some settings when I had to use a RC controller on the last job. However, I thought I put the Settings back where they were. Would you recommend a factory default restore in the middle of my job? Or is that a little too risky?

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

This seems like a minor annoyance more than a problem that needs a Reset.

For what it's worth, I typically Auto Tune at 50%. What are your Filters coming up as? And your Hold Strengths? If the Filters come up as 1, I usually bump them up to at least 3. But to be honest, I don't know if that really helps or not.

5. steve green

steve green Member

traveling to the set now, I’ll check what the numbers come up at and get back to you when I can? I guess it’s good to know that nothing is really wrong just needs a little fiddling. So strange because it used to work perfect every time.