/dist/images/branding/favicon

has the tracking feature been abandones at this point?

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Greg Killmaster, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Greg Killmaster

On the support page for the MCR, it appears the object tracking feature is no longer being developed for this gimbal. Can someone confirm this please?

I've been hoping for this feature for a couple years. Its super handy to have to walk (or run) and do interviews for me.

If this will never materialize, I need to find another gimbal that has this feature, so please recommend a gimbal that will do this.

Many thanks!

Greg

2. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

It is November 2 and Freefly has not said a word about the future of this gimbal since Apple’s launch of the iPhone 11 on September 10. Even the forum moderator has disappeared. I’d suggest that you contact Freefly directly. If you learn anything, it would be great if you could pass it on to the rest of us mere purchasers of the product :)

The reality is that there is no longer a market for the MCR in its current form, and Freefly has been singularly silent on what, if anything, it intends to do to address that.

#2 Rorick Edge, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  3. Greg Killmaster

Arg, so frustrating. Thanks for the response. I'll post back if I end up getting any information. Might be easier for me at this point to just try to sell it and get a DJI Osmo Mobile 3 instead. Would be nice if they responded to these questions. I'll write to them directly and see what I can find out.

Rorick Edge and Marc Smith like this.
  4. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

@Greg Killmaster I wrote them on instagram last month before the 11 came out and they said they have an update due. They couldn’t say exactly when but “soonish” was the response. Who knows at this point

Greg Killmaster likes this.
  5. Greg Killmaster

O, thanks.

I see on the support page about the tracking feature it says "This feature is not in active development." It used to say that it was in development. I think there was talk at one point about it being part of a beta release. I feel kinda strung along by this. My guess is that any updates might pertain to the new iPhone but not include any new features like tracking. I hope I'm wrong.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

To which forum moderator do you refer? :)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

7. Greg Killmaster

Hi Andy, Can you give us any information about the status of the tracking feature?

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Greg: I'm afraid not. I'm a volunteer forum administrator not an FF employee -- and as such I don't have access to that kind of information. I just keep the forum ticking along, ably assisted by Gary, and try to prevent spammers from infiltrating the forum...but I do read every forum message that's posted. :)

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

9. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Good to know that you’re still alive :)

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm pleased that I'm still running faster than the guy with the scythe, too..... :)

11. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

Got word that yes the tracking feature is no longer in development. They did say a update that “ plays well with iOS 13” is out soon. And to use the ultra wide lens they recommend the counterweight system- kinda a no brainer. I got this info from a DM on their instagram account.

Rorick Edge likes this.