/dist/images/branding/favicon

final nail in the coffin

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Rick Bronks, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Rick Bronks

Rick Bronks Active Member

With yet another gimbal launch - the Osmo Mobile 3 looks great - if it performs with no counterweights and add on lenses then I can't see much future for the Movi. More compact and undoubtedly will have a better feature set via the DJI app and eventually and probably rather fast - Filmic Pro integration.

Thoughts?

2. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

Hey just reach out to freefly on social media. I did, they are super responsive. They said “Major updates! Movi is becoming an incredible content creating machine! “ and I asked when they said “ Can’t really say...but soonish...

3. Rick Bronks

Rick Bronks Active Member

You mean what they've been saying for 2 years?

Marc Smith likes this.
  4. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

I have to agree with you Rick, I love the Movi but smaller, less equipment and more software features....and 1/3 the cost.

5. Cedric Young

Cedric Young New Member

There are still a few features that I use on the Movi that none of these gimbal provides, A-B is one of those. But then DJI has tracking that was promised from Lauch of movi that has yet to be delivered ...

6. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

This is a two year old design blatantly stolen from Snoppa Atom. Except that Snoppa is still better, having stronger servos, wireless charging and internal audio routing. It also has object tracking.

7. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

Do you know of a direct comparison of the osmo 3 bs the atom?

8. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Here’s a comparison of the Osmo Mobile 3 and the Snoppa Atom. It’s a good overview with some useful info in the comments. One additional thing to consider is that Filmic Pro can control the Osmo, but not the Snoppa.

#8 Rorick Edge, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  9. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

Several on YT. One is here: , but even that one is incomplete.Those guys make $s through the reviews, so the actual reviews are often biased. I did couple of experiments: and .

Dave Johns likes this.
  10. Rorick Edge

I just posted one that directly compares the two gimbals. Two posts up. Lok Cheung’s video (one post up) also covers both.

Pavel Houda likes this.
  11. Rorick Edge

This guy (Chung Dha) doesn’t like foldable gimbal design limitations. Sounds like he wouldn’t purchase any of them:

12. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

Of course anything outside just the phone is less convenient. Sooner or later I start compromising in getting better results than what I can get with just the phone. Easily transportable and installed nd filter comes first, if I can use a good quality gimbal is next, to get the effects of moving camera, as long as it fits pocket between locations. Took a whole lot of videos during the last Boston Marathon and trip to Japan using the Atom. I was Very satisfied with the convenience and results.

#12 Pavel Houda, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  13. Greg Killmaster

I feel disappointed to learn that the tracking feature for the MCR will not happen (or at least that's what is says on the support page here). I've been hoping for a couple years to see it in an update. It's a feature I really need for the kind of interviews I shoot and also one I want for other creative shot purposes. Can someone recommend a top quality gimbal that can track objects? I know this is a pretty common feature in gimbals I know...