/dist/images/branding/favicon

Time Lapse will record full green raster video

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by David Crown, May 9, 2019.

1. David Crown

David Crown New Member

I just updated the app to version 1.4.0. When I record a time-lapse video, it will intermittently record a full raster of green video. This is not known until you review the video you shot. The green will remain during the entire length of the video.

Attached Files:

2. David Crown

David Crown New Member

Am I the only one experiencing problems with this? Is there an update as to why this is happening? Today, it happened on several timelapse shots.

3. David Crown

David Crown New Member

I decided to delete the app and reinstall it. I think that solved the problem. I ran a few tests and haven't experienced this issue (yet), fingers crossed.

4. David Crown

David Crown New Member

1. Phone model - iPhone XS Max
    2. iOS 12.2
    3. App Version: 1.4.0 B201
    4. Current Movi firmware - V1.3.1
    5. iPhone Camera Setting - Most Compatible

5. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

Cool, the reason I asked is because Android S/W and F/W are at different levels from iOS (I think).

Your iOS maybe not the latest.I just did update yesterday.

The latest beta app is at 1.5.1.

Otherwise sounds like you don't have a problem any longer. Sometimes there are strange interactions in iOS with the OS or other apps. Sometimes you may need to unload, power cycle, reload. I think they may have some uncontrolled memory leaks. I like to power cycle these devices fairly often. My wife doesn't do that, and ever so often her iPhone starts acting strangely. Usually power cycle take care of it. The Apple Watches do the same thing, they are just a little worse. Usually it just needs to blow out its nose.

6. David Crown

David Crown New Member

Hi Pavel,

I just did the update yesterday for the iPhone and today as I stated I removed the app and reinstalled it again. In my testing, it appears that the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your help and suggestion.

7. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

You are welcome. I guess one other thing to watch is the amount of free memory. I don’t know how much you have, but the 4K videos can eat it (or fragment it) very quickly. If that happens, weird behavior can happen. I never had the video green screen on the iPhone, but I had it happening on my Mac while editing with the Davinci Resolve. I found out that adding more RAM helped, but it also happened when my clips were too long. I artificially cut them into smaller chunks, and things got better. Power reboot helped, but not for long, so I am chopping the clips into 1.5 minute lengths.

8. Alexandra

Alexandra New Member

I've got exactly the same problem.

My phone is a Samsung S8, and I have updated my phone recently.
    I've download the last firmware.

I've deleted and downloaded again the app several times, nothing seems to fix this problem.

Any solution please?