/dist/images/branding/favicon

Hoodie Accessory Part?

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Darell Sison, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

Does anyone know what this part is for?

I have no idea as its not on any info on their site.

Attached Files:

2. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

3. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

I'm sorry Darrel, but that solution seems to me bit hokey. Why not just stick a little rubber bump on the pan servo and let the tilt servo friction rub on it? One less part to lose. Those easy to lose 3mm screws on the counterweights are bad enough. Lose one and you are done, unless you brought spares. Most counterweights make the pieces stackable, making the thread part of the component and boring matching thread on the other side of the round counterweight.

4. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

Now I am confused, the plastic that came with the hoodie is just clamped there to hold the arm. It doesn't hit the counter-weights, its like a latch that holds the arm. Sort of like a bonus part they added when they sent the hoodie. But maybe I just didnt understand your suggestion.

5. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

Sorry, in my usual manner, I am unclearly mixing two issues together. I figure that the clamp is there to keep the tilt servo arm from flopping around when you aren't using the MCR, but moving it. Otherwise you take it off, correct? If you take it off, you might lose it the same way you might drop and not find the the tiny M3 screws when/if you have to add/remove the counterweight cylinders. If the threaded part is a part of the counterweight element, even I can't lose any.

Attached Files:

6. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

Nope the plastic is a clamp that stays in the arm, it just holds the arm when not in use. I don't even move it, hope thats clear.

7. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

Sorry, I was wrong. In this case I might go for it.

8. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

It came free with the hoodie accessory so its a bonus I guess. Also the hoodie kit now has the screw expanders for small 1/4 screws.

9. Dave Johns

Dave Johns New Member

Nice. I've been using an old camera velcro accessory strap to secure the arm.
    What would be nice? -- A molded bottom cap for the MCR so it stops inadvertently turning it while in camera pack. I don't always want the bulk of the black foam box.

Marc Smith likes this.
  10. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

Thanks for mentioning this. The older kits didn’t have the “flop stop” part in it. One of the most annoying things when you are transporting the MCR. I ordered one immediately, even though I don’t have an immediate need for the 1/4-20 attachment.

Darell Sison likes this.
  11. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

It should have been a cold-shoe mount from the start. Actually the handle should have had the cold-shoe mount without resorting to buying and installing the hoodie. Capitalism at its finest! Wink wink wink.

Pavel Houda likes this.
  12. James Croisdale

James Croisdale New Member

I just added one of these - gets around the IMG_20190428_114232.jpg issue and gives more options I guess...

Darell Sison and Pavel Houda like this.
  13. Jason Fish

Jason Fish New Member