/dist/images/branding/favicon

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hugh Bell, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Chakradhar Raju

Hello Everyone,

Sorry to say this your distributor in USA is horrible......no support for international buyers

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Chakradhar:
    Well, welcome to the forum anyway...
    Is there anything specific with which you need help? There are forum members from around the world and based on my knowledge of these members, they're amongst the most helpful and professional multi-rotor copter folks--if not THE most helpful and professional!

Andy.

3. Chakradhar Raju

Hi Andy,
    Thanks so much for the reply...Iam in a process to develop an Octocoptor for arial fil shoot...heavy lift goal pay load upto 10 kg including camera...
    Cinestar 8 frame with additional parts
    Cinestar 3 axis Gimbal
    Orbit 15 20 motors clarify the prop size also what power district board you recommend coz that would be key...apart fro other electronics.

Regards

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Check out this thread Chakradhar: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/ind...vy-lift-cs8-build-thread.390/page-5#post-5252

Andy.

5. Chakradhar Raju

Hi nice to hear...what electronics have you used...what is the payload....I wanna built a similar one..

6. Chakradhar Raju

G
    Good one what electronics.....did you use?

7. Chakradhar Raju

Hi
    Excellent machine but its not Cinestar...looks like some other one

8. Chakradhar Raju

Hi Josh....Can I place an order with you....

9. Chakradhar Raju

Has anyone used Plattenberg orbit 15 20 motors it weighs 170 gms....

10. Chakradhar Raju

Hello Andy,
    Any,
    Pl let me know how do get in touch with distributor.....as mentioned I am not able to get thru phone,mail or sales rep has reverted......can you solve the problem....

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

If it's Quadrocopter, try going on-line during normal business hours (Mountain Time Zone) and using their on-line chat.
    Could you start a separate thread for any further discussion on this topic please? This one is for introduction for new members.
    Suggest you use the Cinestar Misc forum. Or email me directly at ajohnsonlaird@me.com.

Thanks
    Andy.

Dean Roczen likes this.
  12. Chakradhar Raju

Hi,
    Iam an Indian .....Iam having difficulty in contacting Quadrocoptor folks...anyone else is having problems....suggest me the way out....

13. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

With all due respect, I would suggest working with one of the Asian or European distributors. Is there a reason you chose to work with Quadrocopter? They're totally awesome folks, but they're very, very far away, and may not have a lot of expertise in dealing with Indian customers. There are people like Kopterworx who are much closer to you and have a great reputation, too. Here's the full list of Freefly's resellers: http://www.freeflysystems.com/distributors.php

14. Chakradhar Raju

Hi
    Hi,
    Thanks I would get in touch with them...

15. Alex Smart

Alex Smart Member

Hi everyone!
    Been in the forum for a few weeks but havn t introduced my self.
    My name is Alex Bonet Smart and Im from Mallorca in Spain.I first saw a Quadrocopter about 2 years ago in Byron Bay, Australia, It was a shoker to me and havent stop since.I have to thank Chris at Extremaerials for teaching and guiding me through.
    I m now directing and piloting at www.smartaerials.com. Im using a Mk Okto XL and MK gimbal, I m really loocking forward to de Cinestar gear!!!but need to pull in a few jobs first ;)
    Best Regards, Alex

Steve Maller likes this.
  16. Ville Hyvönen - Helicam

Camera gimbal and stabilisers are Cinestar.

17. Viking Raja

Viking Raja New Member

Hi Everyone,

This is Viking Raja from Singapore, i am a freelance audio video technician. I am very much interested in aerial photography, i love to learn more about multi rotor copter that's why i am here. Hope i will learn more here form other members.

Thank you

Viking Raja

18. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

Hello I am Shaun from Albuquerque New Mexico the land of "RED and GREEN" I am the co-founder and Chief Pilot of Flytcam Studios. I used to be a military transport/ISR pilot. I flew KC-135 Strattotanker's then I volunteered to fly UAV's. I flew MQ-1B Predators for 4 years on active duty. I recently switched over to the reserves. I occasionally moonlight as a reservist doing consulting on MQ-1/9 Mishaps for the Air Force Safety Center. Prior to separating from ad my business partner and I caught on to the growing trend of using multi-rotors for aerial cinematography. Decided to try this out instead of being a civilian contractor UAV pilot for the big companies like Lockheed or Northrup. We ordered our CS8 in May. It has been a big learning curve for us, having never been RC hobbyists. Terminology is different in the big commercial world for a lot of things. We got off the ground with our CS in August had some set backs such as a motor ESC going out on us. We did a shoot in Whitesands with our copter configured as Quad. We think we are the only ones who have flown a CS4, it worked and got the job done.

Currently we fly the CS8 with the standard setup from QC, in addition we built a small Gopro bird out of parts from Hobby King. We have DJI F550 frame flying Arducopter APM 2.5. Currently we are a 4 man shop 1.5 pilot 3 camops, where I am training one Camop to fly the Hexa, and maybe the CS down the road. I have configured my Hexa with a multiplexer where I can give the Yaw control to the cam op while flying in "Carefree" or "simple mode," for those who fly Ardupilot.

Flying Multirotor's has given me an appreciation for the RC hobbyist who has been doing this for years. I find that these machines can be very fun but unforgiving at times. Finesse flying skills are absolutely required in this world:)

Steve Maller likes this.
  19. Dave Wilkinson

Dave Wilkinson New Member

Hi
    I'm Dave Wilkinson from Wales (UK!)
    (With my son + colleague) currently have 2 small quads with GoPro for familiarisation (building, setting up and flying)
    I am retired medic with some computer experience (hardware, assembler, C++)
    Son is professional cameraman
    Colleague is in IT
    Currently putting together shopping list for heavy lift octo for professional wildlife filming - short timeframe - steep learning curve!!!
    Prabably Droidworx/CineStar 8/3 x Radians
    Hoping for assistance with (dumb) questions

Thanks in anticipation

20. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave welcome. Lots of answers here on the forum. Not easy but pick a topic and read through the postings in your spare time. Lots of answers and if you have more post them.