/dist/images/branding/favicon

Parker Walbeck tries out the iPhone Xs Max & the MCR

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Rorick Edge, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Walbeck worked for Devin Graham (Devinsupertramp) before going out on his own about three years ago. For this video, he used the Xs Max's native lenses and FilmicPro. The YouTube description includes this useful comment about the footage:

"All footage in this video was taken on the iphone xs max (main montage footage) or the iphone x (behind the scenes footage) with the interview of me being shot on the 1dx mark ii."
    Walbeck thinks that the new iPhones have improved image quality and that the optical image stabilisation interferes less when using a gimbal. Freefly's Tabb Firchau has also made the latter point.

#1 Rorick Edge, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  2. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

I saw this the other day, he only mentions the MCR briefly and doesn’t really review it. I’m hoping he will do it in the future, but for some reason I doubt it.

3. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I posted this mostly because Walbeck has some things to say about the iPhone Xs Max as a camera, and that one of his points jives with Tabb Firchau's view on the optical image stabilisation.

From what I've seen of Walbeck's channel its main purpose is to drum up interest in his paid courses. I agree that he is unlikely to review the Movi, but I think that it's good exposure.

I'm more interested in Film Riot's upcoming review, about which see this thread: https://forum.freeflysystems.com/in...lm-movi-upcoming-review-binaural-sound.12680/

Given that I have a Movi and I'm happy with it, including the fact that it works with a Sony RX0, fundamentally the reviews don't matter. But I'm curious to know what people are saying :)

Cheers

#3 Rorick Edge, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018