/dist/images/branding/favicon

m5 only works a few minutes

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by sebastian avalos, Apr 7, 2018.

1. sebastian avalos

sebastian avalos New Member

my m5 stabilizes only a few minutes, the lights are still on but the engines stop working, I turn it on again and it continues to work for other minutes, what can I do?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sebastian: Can you give more details, please, along with some images of your setup?

You say "the lights are still on" - do you mean you have three green LED?

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Ross Hamil

Ross Hamil New Member

We are having the same problem (and have for years. We're getting less than 5 minutes of use out of the MoVI before the motors disengage. I've got it sitting on the stand right now and it has already died. Battery indicator shows 2 LEDs and the batteries are less than 3 weeks old.
    I tried updating firmware and it is up to date.
    The load is a Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera with a Metabones Speedbooster and a Rokinon 24mm. Camera package weighs in at 3lbs 13 oz.

4. Ross Hamil

Ross Hamil New Member

Also, when the motors die, there is no communication with the FreeFly Configurator Desktop Screenshot 2018.10.08 - 09.55.12.86.png

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ross: Sounds like there is a more serious issue going on here....have you opened up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com)?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. Ross Hamil

Ross Hamil New Member

Not yet. thought I would search for answers here. We've been having this problem since we got it. :(

7. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

check or the cables are reseated properly. Undo the 4 screws on top on and check that a cable has not wiggled free, one of mine was loose when i set-up it first time!!

My next step would to find a good known working battery and see if its just the battery