/dist/images/branding/favicon

Counterweights with Moment Lens + ND Filter

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Bruce Christy, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Bruce Christy

Bruce Christy New Member

I can't seem to balance my iPhone X with a Moment lens with ND filter. Nothing I try balances. Add some weight? Anyone have any experience with this setup? Some advice would be welcome. :)

Thanks,

Bruce

2. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

#2 Rorick Edge, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  3. Bruce Christy

Bruce Christy New Member

Thanks, Rorick. I saw that thread, but didn't find the solution. :) My setup specifically is:
    1. iPhone X
    2. Counterweight for Movi
    3. Moment Case
    4. Moment Wide Lens
    5. Moment Filter Adapter
    6. 62mm ND Filter
    The filter adapter and ND filter practically weight nothing... so I am surprised that my balancing for w/o ND filter is throwing it so off. Has anyone put more weight on from the counterweight kit? A mixture of both? Thanks so much.

4. Rorick Edge

Sorry, it didn't occur to me that someone would start a whole new thread on a subject that he knows is already the subject of an active thread with 22 posts.

5. Bruce Christy

Bruce Christy New Member

My thought was that thread concentrated on Plus sized mobile devices. Saw nothing about iPhone X. So, yes, I thought it appropriate to start a thread specifically for the iPhone X setup. Apologize if that was too nuanced.

6. Rorick Edge

The existing thread discusses both standard and plus iPhones, not surprising given that the issue is fundamentally the same for both. But hey, if people want to have a separate thread on this same issue for every iPhone model and every Android model...

7. Bruce Christy

Bruce Christy New Member

Forgive me, but it seems reasonable as every device could have drastically different counterweight suggestions / tips / assemblies. Didn't mean to piss anyone off. I'd be happy to delete this thread and post in original thread.

8. Rorick Edge

It would follow that there should be separate threads for every iPhone and Android device and for every accessory.

Hey, Freefly runs this forum and will manage it as it pleases, but there's something to be said for pooling experience and avoiding unnecessary fragmentation, not to mention not exasperating people with multiple threads on fundamentally the same subject.

#8 Rorick Edge, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018