/dist/images/branding/favicon

V1.5.2 has huge FIZ issues.

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Josh Park, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Hello all, I've upgraded my Movi Pro & Mimic Pro to the latest beta versions and I've encountered so many issues while on set this weekend, I thought I'd share my experience. I rolled back to V1.4 and seemed to taken care of the issues I was having (well, mostly.)

This was my setup this weekend.
    - Movi Pro (firmware v 1.5.2)
    - Mimic Pro (firmware v1.5.1) with Redrock Micro Commander
    - Redrock Micro Navigator (zoom control)
    - Redrock Micro SLS Motor (Focus) + Redrock Micro Torque Motor (Zoom)

I triggered motor calibration from Navigator and they seemed to calibrate just fine. In the middle of a take, zoom motor just stops working. I checked for the proper motor settings from the Mimic Pro, checked cables, all the setting checks and tried to re-calibrate. It calibrates, but motors become unresponsive after the calibration.

I restart the Movi Pro, they all calibrate fine and work fine again. I'll do another 5-10 minutes of use, and both zoom and focus motors die.

I thought it was an issue with Redrock Micro's Commander unit that I was using as a loaner. Brian Valente from RRM actually installed a special firmware that allows me to use the Navigator to pull the zoom while using in conjunction with Commander (Commander takes over all the FIZ function, so I couldn't use the Navigator.) So my guess was the issue with this Commander so I swapped it out with a Bush Pilot unit.

Same issues, no changes to my zoom motor problems.

I came home and reversed my firmware on Movi Pro back to v1.4, it seems to be back to normal now.

If anyone else who's having the same issues as me, I would love to hear! Thank you.

2. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

Ive been having some FIZ issues since update as well. Every time I run a motor calibration, it either never starts or does an incomplete calibration. I often have to do twofer three calibrations before I get a complete cycle.Im using redrock SLS motor. Didn't recall having have this issue with v1.4.

In addition I was on set today and whenever I put my Movi Pro into sleep mode and then wake up MovI Pro my pan motor freezes up as if I have the pan window with a super low setting. So when I try to Pan left or right the Movi just stays almost locked in the straight position. I would frequently have to tilt up or down to release the lock up it and have it pan normal again. And that was just a few of my issues today on set with my Movi Pro.

3. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Similar issues with mine. I just updated to the official v1.5 update on both my Movi and my Mimic and they both seem to work okay for about 5 min and the zoom just doesn’t work. Pretty frustrating

4. Brian Liepe

Brian Liepe New Member

I've been having the exact same issues. I successfully calibrated my Redrock Torque motor and it worked for about a week and now it will not hit the end points during calibration. I've tried everything: Motor calibration without a lens, finessing the motor gear and lens gear so that's it's not too tight, calibrating the focus knob after motor calibration and before. It's baffling.

I've tried firmwares in the 1.5's and 1.4's. 1.4 gave me the best results but I expect consistent performance, right? I know some time has passed since the last post in this thread. Hopefully there's new information out there and maybe I'm missing it.

5. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

I actually solved this issue a while ago. RedRock confirmed this was a know issue. I was told by a Red Rock tech to select the Hocus Reflex motor option instead of Red Rock. And it has worked perfectly for me ever since. Red Rock stated they are working with FreeFly on a fix. Not sure if the new BlackJack software fixed the issue, But selecting Hocus Reflex option will fix your issue.

6. Brian Liepe

Brian Liepe New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been struggling with this for a while and you literally saved my shoot coming up!

I selected Hocus Reflex and the calibration just happened.

Thanks again!

7. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

My Pleasure Brian that's what were here for to help each other out when we can. I was in your same boat on several shoots and it was killing me on my set. But I was diligent to get to the bottom of it. Hope Red Rock and FreeFly work on a fix. But until then this fix works just fine.

8. Blake Scott

Blake Scott New Member

I have my motors selected on Hocus and still having this issue. Am I the only one who still gets the pleasure of routine 5min calibrations for zoom??