/dist/images/branding/favicon

Echo Mode acts weird!!

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Warathanut Sukcharoenpong, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Warathanut Sukcharoenpong

Hi guys,
    I found something very strange when I was trying to set point A and B. My Movi turned itself back and forward like crazy. It happens only when both roll and tilt axis are locked. It works fine when roll axis is locked but tilt axis is not.
    Does it happen to your Movi as well? Is it normal or a bug of firmware?
    Here is the video

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

On the beta version 1.2.0 (122), app version 1.2.3 mine does the same thing.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Warathanut Sukcharoenpong

Thank you for your reply.
    I thought mine is broken. It is weird that I follow the exactly the same guidelines and setting on youtube(picture). But it doesn’t work. Did they change this?

Attached Files:

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

No. I think it was a bug in the beta firmware.
    I'm just upgrading to the latest release now.

What versions of the Movi firmware and app. are you using?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Warathanut Sukcharoenpong

Mine is 1.2.5 for firmware
    App version is 1.2.2 B135.
    I believe I have the lastest stable versions for both.

Attached Files:

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

OK, I'm still in the throes of upgrading -- had to upgrade other apps as well. I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Have you tried just overpowering the Movi by holding on to the camera firmly when you pull the trigger to set the A and B points?

If you do that Echo Mode seems to work normally -- however, if you don't hold on to the camera firmly it will swing out of your hand and behave as you have observed.

Hope that helps
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

8. Warathanut Sukcharoenpong

Yes, I did.
    Here is the video of second try.
    Sometime when I overpower and force pan axis motor, it also ruins tilt axis motor as well. Sometime, tilt axis motor went into weird angle. As you can see, Pan and tilt axis just keep movin back and forward. I hope mine is not only one does this.

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Ah....now I see the problem. You need to hold the iPhone not the base of the Movi. Hold the phone and then point it where you want it to have the A and B points. You will not hurt the Movi by overpowering the motors.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

10. Warathanut Sukcharoenpong

Thank you for your suggestions. After you upgrade firmware, does your Movi response the same thing as previous firmware?

I replicated what Echo tutorial video above show me. Denis (Freefly’s software developer ) demonstrated Echo mode in the video by overpowering on the motor of pan axis as well. I hope if this a bug, he will eventually fix it. But thank so much for testing this with me.

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I've not tested all of the other functions, but certainly Majestic, and Echo mode do.

You can certainly overpower either the pan or tilt axis without causing any harm when you want to sent preset A and B.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

12. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

This behavior was linked related to having the tilt locked in 1.2.x version of the app/firmware.

It's already fixed in the 1.3.x beta builds and will roll forward to the next public app release.