/dist/images/branding/favicon

Android beta app

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App' started by David Martinez, Aug 8, 2018.

1. David Martinez

David Martinez New Member

Since today was the "day" that the beta app was to be released, I'm curious when the application will finally be ready for use/available to download etc etc. Thanks in advance, you guys are awesome btw!!

2. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Feature development is wrapped up this week and we are starting official testing. Current public release target is within 2 week frame. Unfortunately Android takes very long time since there are thousands of models and most of them don't behave the same. We anticipate testing to take 5 times longer than iOS..

Gabe Ochoa and David Martinez like this.
  3. David Martinez

David Martinez New Member

I really appreciate your reply/response. I'm really looking forward to using this application on my Android device. I know because Android is open-source, it creates a mess when trying to create an application that works on all Androids, so I feel your pain. Once again thanks for the hard work I can't wait to use this application. Cheers

4. Gabe Ochoa

Gabe Ochoa Member

Awesome!! Can't wait for a beta release!

David Martinez likes this.
  5. Eugene Tan

Eugene Tan New Member

Hi I just bought a Movi mainly based on the availability of the Beta apk for Android.

But the Beta app that seems to have a build date of May 21 is not actually meant for the the Cinema Robot + Android phone correct?.

Its not very clear about for what device the adroid beta app is for. Because when I install it its complaining that the app version is not compatible with the firmware on the Movi Cinema Robot. I double checked the gimbal firmware via an older iPhone and it is at the latest and greatest.

Your app is called Movi or some variant of it. And you have a entire Movi product line. And a product called "Movi"

If the above is the case. You might want to put a big ole bit of text that says the beta is only for Movi model XYZ. If there is some kind of description saying that. Then its my bad on my part as I fail reading 101.

6. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

You can get the Android v1.0.0 Beta for Movi Cinema Robot at https://gomovi.com/beta. It has link to Play Store and a link to release notes, which talks about supported models and features.

You can give feedback by filling out the form at https://gomovi.com/beta.

Sorry for confusion with names. We have:
    • Movi, aka Movi Cinema Robot
    • MōVI Pro ecosystem: MōVI Pro, XL, Carbon, MIMIC, Pilot, ...

7. Richard

Richard New Member

So, when can we expect the next version for Android?
    Bought the Movi a while ago, and really want the same functionality as iPhone users have.
    I'm signed up for beta, så curious both for next beta version, and next official version.

8. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

Targeting v1.1 beta release within next two weeks. Once thats out for few weeks and stability is proved by community, we will promote it to be the "stable" release.

Richard likes this.
  9. Richard

Richard New Member

Any news?

10. Aris Vasileiou

Aris Vasileiou New Member

Today i try first time Movi Freefly with the Xiaomi Mi Mix s2. It connected immediatly and work very well to the orders and some of the functions i try.

The picture from smartphone very smooth too, no gaps, very difficult to lose the subject with this handle. A second handle in the down left screw it will make it 100% stabilize, i think.

11. Stefan Fischer

Stefan Fischer New Member

Hi guys I have an issue, hope you can help.

Usually use the cinema robot with Android and the OnePlus 6. Connects fine. Then recently I used a friend's iPhone, connected fine too. Was promoted with an update for better white balance and did so. Now upon using my own phone again it won't connect any more. My phone is not shown in the app I am told to wlswitch my cinema robot on to connect when it is on and auto functioning already but can't access it nor change settings as there's no connection to the app.

12. Banji Oyewole

Banji Oyewole New Member

Contact Freefly Support
    support@freeflysystems.com

They should be able to help out with this!

13. Stefan Fischer

Stefan Fischer New Member

Thanks!

Jani Kiviranta likes this.