/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan arm rotated -10 degrees on start

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Joern Thiemann, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

I see three different issues discussed in this thread:

1 - "Pan arm rotated -10 degrees on start"
    • If this happens in about 10-20 seconds, it is probably drift issue. See below for more details

2 - "I wonder why the MOVI motor isn't centered when no smartphone is attached o_O"
    • Movi is very out of balance without any payload. Motors during initial boot wait until there is a phone in place before they increase their power output.
    • Motors also decrease power as they heat up. Heating up can happen if Movi is well not balanced.

3 - "I don't have any window set. But it's interesting when "ROLL" is active and when not."
    • Is this an issue for you? Whole point of locking roll is to have horizon level, and whole point of unlocking is to NOT have horizon level.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue:
    • Movi seems to be drifting.
    • It is slowly moving left or right.
    • Movi doesn't stay centered in Majestic or Movilapse methods.

Protip: Power on Movi and set down on a stationary surface for 1-2 minutes. Movi will adapt to its environment and eliminate drift.

Details: Drift is usually caused by significant temperature changes. You can verify if the issue is “drift” by opening Majestic Method, setting Window to zero. Then increase Window to maximum and see if Movi is moving left or right on its own until it hits the window limit.

Rorick Edge likes this.
  2. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Hi Deniz,

Thanks, great to have this kind of input.

3. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

Not necessarily, but I would assume it’s starting point should be true. When it turn the roll lock off, it should not start to fall on its own. It should wait for me to actually move the Movi before it starts rolling.

It is not an issue for me because, so far, 100% of the time I have used it with the roll lock on. I was simply showing an issue, if you’re saying the Movi was designed to operate in this manner, then so be it. I assumed the device would roll when I turned/rotated the Movi, not sitting flat on a level table where the only input is pressing the trigger to turn roll lock off.

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

For this use case I recommend having some window. I would set it to 1 or 2 bars.

5. Joern Thiemann

Joern Thiemann New Member

A quick update from myself:

After getting in contact with the support, I should send my Movi back to Freefly Systems. And they sent a new Movi to me. I got it today morning and I am very happy about it. It just works as expected.

I appreciate that very much and looking forward to create some nice stabilized movies.

Bryan Edmonds likes this.