/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan arm rotated -10 degrees on start

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Joern Thiemann, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Joern Thiemann

Joern Thiemann New Member

Hello all together.

Yesterday I got my movi. Setting up was easy. But when I started my movi, it seems to be, that the pan arm is rotated -10 degrees. Let's say, my view direction is directly to the front, then the pan arm is 10 degrees rotated to the left. This is with our without mobile. Is this normal? Can I somehow reset or correct it?

Best regards

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Have you tried it with your mobile installed? Just curious whether the behavior is different?

If it's the same, then I'm not sure this will fix it (because I cannot reproduce the problem on my Movi), but try tapping on the three line icon at the top left hand corner of the screen, tapping on Robot, then tapping on the right arrow head on the right of the screen alongside Reset Robot Settings.

Let me know what you find....
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Joern Thiemann

Hello Andy,

thanks for answering.

I tried resetting the movi three times. No success. I can upload a photo how the pan arm look later this day.

Best regards

Joern

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Joern: Hmmm. I've not seen this problem before. It might be time for you to open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) if you have not already done so.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Joern Thiemann

Thank for the information. I already send a ticket to the support.

Here is the photo I spoke about. Just needed to watch the end of the soccer match South Korea against Germany.

E47E5BAD-58BE-49F8-9B48-BD8B8730AC07.jpeg

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I don't think it should be doing that!

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

7. Joern Thiemann

Okay. Let's see. I will update you on that. Maybe this will someone also help.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Indeed it will help if someone else has the same problem -- as you say, please post again when you have an update.

Thanks
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

9. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

10. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

What is your window set to? Mine will do that and will also not return 100% to the middle (after a turn) if there is a window set. The bigger the window the more pronounced the offset. If I select no window, it returns immediately to the correct position.

11. Frank Algermissen

I don't have any window set. But it's interesting when "ROLL" is active and when not. Compare the two screenshots below and this screenvid here https://d.pr/v/qT2K9t I just quickly did it to show what happens after switching the MOVI on and click on "ROLL" or not. The "horizont" isn't horizontal even the MOVI stands on a flat ground.

Nevertheless my point also here https://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/question-same-to-you.12456/ is a bit different. I wonder why the MOVI motor isn't centered when no smartphone is attached o_O

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Frank: I don't have an answer for this I'm afraid -- but my Movi does the same thing.... I'm pretty sure that it's an issue that FF developers are aware of, though.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

13. Frank Algermissen

Well Andy, first of all it just interest me if I am the only one or if there are also other customers like me/us. Secondary I'd like the know why it is so. If it's a bug, if it's "normal", if FF is already working on this... Just a statement, you know.

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

All good questions, Frank. But, at least for the moment, questions I don't know the answers to. I would have thought, were this an issue for several Movi owners, we'd have seen more questions about it on the forum -- but that is a rather imprecise indicator.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

15. Kevin P Riley

Mine also does the same thing when the roll is unlocked.

16. Frank Algermissen

Well, maybe I am just more "picky" than others :D

So maybe while we wait here for more users with the same issue (one we already have, see @Kevin P Riley ) you kindly can check that with your direct contact to FF support, as long as they don't already read (but don't react)? You know, I don't like to lead to a new set of problems - as long it's just a cosmetic thing (I am talking about this here https://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/question-same-to-you.12456/ = MOVI motor isn't centered when no smartphone is attached o_O)

The rest, means part 2 of my concern is "ROLL" activated/deactivated is nevetheless something too I am wondering about. It's not extremely critical al long as the result while filming is okay. Call me "balance freak" but I didn't buy a China peace of plastic where I would excuse it but a gimbal from of of the most competent film equipment companies - for about 300 €.

17. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Frank: The best way for you to get this resolved for your specific unit is to open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) -- feel free to cite back to this thread too.

Thanks
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

18. Frank Algermissen

Andy, of course I know to open a ticket. My hope was that most of you guys here will say "Hey, same to me, stay relaxed, seems to be normal". If so then I would accept it as "normal" and no need for a ticket.

19. Kevin P Riley

This is what mine does, similar to Frank's but the opposite direction.

Not sure it matters that much to me, I am not sure I will ever shoot with roll unlocked anyway, but if I did...isn't that the point, for it to roll. I would want it fixed if it can be fixed in a firmware update, I don't know that I would go to the trouble of exchanging it. it also does not seem as pronounced on the beta firmware.

20. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Sorry, Frank. I think you may have misconstrued my response. What I meant was that, if you truly want to put your mind at ease, then the most certain way of achieving that would be to ask FF directly by means of an email. (And I confess that the part about "open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com)" is a keyboard macro that I use because I got fed up with typing that phrase countless times, so I got lazy! :)

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™