/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi V-Lock Adapter 25mm or 30mm?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Steven Deneault, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Steven Deneault

Steven Deneault New Member

I've got a movi pro and was wondering about the V-lock adapter. In the write up in the accessory section, it says "25mm clamps allow for versatile mounting options". I was wondering how this applies to the movi pro's 30mm ring? Is there another accessory required to mount to the larger ring, or is there a way to mount the v-lock adapter to the ring with the provided materials?

Thanks.
    Steve

2. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Hi,

You’re in the wrong part of the forum. Go down a section and you’ll find the forum for the Movi Pro.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

You're quite right, Rorick. I've moved this thread to the Movi Pro forum.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

That battery plate was originally made for the Movi M-series gimbals (M5/10/15), which use 25mm Carbon Fiber Handle bar rod.

I'm sure you could make an adapter with any V-lock plate and an Impact Atom Clamp, and it would go on the Movi Pro Ring. You could also mount the 25mm V-Lock plate onto the Top Handle of the Movi Pro Ring -- the top handle is 25mm and not 30mm.

I'm curious, though: why do you need a V-Lock battery on your rig? What are you powering with it that you can't power through the Movi Pro's D-Tap outputs?

5. Steven Deneault

Thanks very much for the response Graham, good tips. I've noticed you help a lot of people out.
    And you're curious about the right things. I'm in fact going to be powering the Movi/camera/accessories with the ignite digi TB50's, but I always like to have an alternate source just in case and this seemed like an option worth pursuing.

Thanks again and sorry for posting in the wrong section. I'm new!

Steve Deneault.

6. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

If you get the Ignite TB50 battery adapters, get the ones with the Lemo plug, and you can run a cable down to the cage for follow focus. I think they also have a cable Ignite Digi sells for this purpose. That would cover you for most circumstances.

The best "alternate" battery source I've used is my old LiPo's from the Movi M15 with a D-Tap adapter. They're light, can be bongo-tied anywhere, and not that expensive. I use them for follow focus MDR's a lot.

7. Steven Deneault

I got the Lemo option. Seemed like the only way to go. Thanks again for the tips.

8. Steven Deneault

I got the Lemo option. Seemed like the only way to go. Thanks again for the tips.

9. Robert MCgregor

Robert MCgregor New Member

Hi all,

does the V'lock battery system allow for powering the gimbal as well as accessories? would love to just have lots opf V'locks as all my other things are powered by them. otherwise i'll go for tghe Ignite system for my Pro and M15.

Also does anyone know if there is an accessory out there to use V'locks on the XL as well?

Thanks

Rob