/dist/images/branding/favicon

iPhone X Users

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Alessandro Garabaghi, May 16, 2018.

1. Alessandro Garabaghi

So ive notice when filming 4k.60 on extreme bit rate in filmic pro, after a while my iPhone X dims the screen, which i believe is related to it over heating?

I have everything turned off and brightness all the way up. Anyone notice this as well?

2. Jamie Emmanuel

Jamie Emmanuel New Member

I have seen this happen while just using the phone on a warm day. Clearly the X gets too warm and the screen force dims automatically to help cook it down. Really annoying. Never happened on previous phones so now I cannot always utilise the superior brighter screen.

3. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Processing generates heat. 4K processing generates more heat than 1080p processing. The heat has to go somewhere. Devices are programmed to close down when their viability, and indeed safety for people holding them, is compromised by heat.

Small devices don’t do as good a job as big devices, that have heat sinks and more air flow, of dissipating heat.

Nevertheless, there are lots of people on the internet who are just plain amazed that a tiny camera like the Sony RX100 has heat limits when processing files four times the size of a 1080p file. There is out and out outrage on YouTube that the RX100 Mark VI, just released, has a five minute limit on 4K recording.

This is junior high physics.

#3 Rorick Edge, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    caroline mcclellan likes this.