/dist/images/branding/favicon

What is tuning?

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by John Chu, May 13, 2018.

1. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

Just got the Movi Cinema Robot and trying to understand some of the settings. What is tuning? I know there are settings for Majestic-> Low, Regular, Plus and Custom Tuning.
    What does it do?
    Thanks!

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

stops vibration basically

3. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

I believe you choose the weight of your device. Plus, if you have a large or heavy phone like an iPhone 8 Plus or a lower choice if not. I haven’t received my Movi yet but have used several different gimbals and if you don’t have the proper settings for the weight of your device you can experience shaking of the gimbal motor. I saw a Freefly video on Instagram where the guy had an iPhone X with a Moment lens and case and he chose Plus and he said that worked well.

John Chu likes this.
  4. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

Ahhhhh---thanks, I get it now. (I had a different brand gimbal from a couple years ago that worked with a iPhone 5 series, but would occasionally do the uncontrollable vibration deal when used with the iPhone 6.)

I'm still trying to dial in the MCR and was perplexed the horizon would occasionally lean right and had to either power cycle the unit or try the lock-unlock the roll via the trigger. (I even had to double check balance of the phone on the holder) I had the tuning setting at LOW which is probably incorrect for the iPhone 6. I will try the other settings to see if that is the issue with the occasional horizon tilt. I also will just do a custom tune (the automatic self tune).

I'm also using a Sennheiser Ambeo Binaural Smart Headset (lightning cable) connected to the phone while on the Movi. It works pretty well, although I have to make sure my hands don't accidentally grip the cable. (Also wondering if the cable might cause the occasional tilt).

#4 John Chu, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    John Woody likes this.
  5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

John:
    It might be helpful to check out the tutorials here. Also there is a FAQ here and a support page here.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert