/dist/images/branding/favicon

Configuration of buttons

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Frank Algermissen, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

Hi ,

any idea if it‘s possible to configure the buttons - exepting „Record“ of course?

By the way, my „Record“ button doesn‘t work at all. I always have to click on the iPX screen. Same with the demo device of my reseller

John Chu likes this.
  2. Lou Ruiz

Lou Ruiz New Member

From what I understand, the device buttons will only work with the MOVI app, but you can use any app in majestic mode, minus any device buttons.

I am eagerly awaiting mine, but I did not order till early February I was hoping to use it during my upcoming vacation at the end of the month.

3. Shaun Kane

Shaun Kane New Member

Having the same issue with mine, kind of. In order for my record button to work I have to forcefully squeeze back and up to get it to work. Not sure why such force has to be applied for the record button to work. Give it a try and see if that works.

4. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

Im also still waiting for mine so this is just a suggestion. The Movi app was updated and it says Firmware upgrade. Did you guys update the Firmware of the Movi?

John Woods likes this.
  5. Michael Layo

Michael Layo New Member

Hi,
    I’m having the same problem with my record button, almost impossible to get it to work. I emailed Freefly and got a reply telling me to push the button in at the top and see if that would improve the operation, it’s still super difficult to get the Movi to start recording and even harder to get it to stop recording. I did update the firmware and it didn’t make the record button work any better. If I take my left hand index finger and pull the button back and up, I can get a more consistent operation, not cool! Freefly said they will get back to me as soon as possible with a solution. Thank you Freefly!

Frank Algermissen likes this.
  6. Shaun Kane

Shaun Kane New Member

My record button on my Movi does the exact same thing. I'm having issues with the added lenses,but I'm a newbie and I'm gonna chalk it up as inexperience even though I did exactly what the video showed. I have faith in the guys at Freefly and think they will make it right for whoever may have issues. You are not alone on the frustration ship. Lol

7. Harry Freeeman

Harry Freeeman New Member

Same problem with the record button. I did the firmware update and it seems to have broken the barrel roll function. I downgraded to the previous firmware and barrel roll is working again. I sent a message explaining the issues. This is a great device!

8. Ryan Hawley

Ryan Hawley Member

I'm having the same issue with the record button. I have to do a long press, at the top as others here have suggested. I haven't contacted Freefly yet as I am hoping that it's something that can be fixed with a simple update, as everything else on the cinema robot is working like a dream.

9. Frank Algermissen

Hey Darren, you can be sure that 99,9% of us are aware of always beeing updated with the latest (1.1.5, Friday 06.04.2018) firmware and iOS software ;-)

Well, here are 5 members with the identical problem. So hopefully Freefly look after it asap - as long as they don't know yet by reading their own forum. I honestly hope it can be fixed via an software update cause actually the record button is nearly impossible to use. If it is a hardware problem I am glad to have a specialized reseller in Hamburg/Germany (AVT Plus Media Service). But how can it be fixed then?! Open the MOVI? However...

10. Matt Stag

Matt Stag New Member

I am experiencing the same Record button issues. It only works if I "crush grip" the button. I upgraded the firmware and the issue persisted.

Otherwise, a great device.

11. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys, we are aware of some units being harder to actuate the record button on than we designed / intended!

Our bad for sure, and my apologies

If you feel your button is not good enough for shooting please contact support here to figure out a solution. One thing that can help for sure is to pull the button upward a bit as you actuate it. I spent all day testing buttons on dozens of different units so I noticed some trends.

Sorry again for the issue, we missed this one in our testing and I am embarrassed!

Matt Stag and Frank Algermissen like this.
  12. Frank Algermissen

Done! Even the MOVI in general is an absolutely fantastic product, but I want to own a 100% working device and no "try n error" or workaround. Hope you understand. Please contact me for next steps how to solve this issue. Unfortunately I live in Hamburg/Germany which doesn't make it easy to for example replace the MOVI. All devices are sold out as far as I know.

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Frank: I know this does not solve the problem and I only offer this as a suggestion so that you can use the Movi right now -- and please bear in mind that I'm not an FF employee, just a volunteer...

Firstly, you should open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) if you have not already done so.

The active part of the Record button is at the top center of the button, so, if you cradle the lower right hand corner part of the Movi in your right hand (with your right palm underneath the corner), you may be able to extend your forefinger straight up the handle and operate the trigger when you need to -- and, better yet, it positions the tip of your forefinger so you can press on the Record button's "sweet spot" at the top center of the button. On my unit, that allows me to operate the Record button reliably.

Hope that helps.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

14. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Opened the box today. Way excited to get out and use. Alas, same button issue.

15. Frank Algermissen

Hey Andy Thx for your kind words and help. I already contacted the support - of course ;-) We try to find an acceptable solution. Cause I live in Hamburg/Germany it's not that easy.

Nevertheless and even the MOVI all in all is a fantastic gimbal, all the "tricks" what I can do to make a main button, namely the record button, working isn't tolerable for me. So thx for your workarounds as an interim solution - but not more!

16. Frank Algermissen

Hi, I'd like to know from all other MOVI owners how you feel about the record button? Are you satisfied with it? Do you have any problems with start/stop record?

17. John Woody

John Woody Member

I too have had the same problem with my unit. I have been pushing with an upward movement to get it to work sometimes. Like other gimbals... I just depress the record button on the software.

18. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

John, reach out to Freefly Support directly to explore your options: https://gomovi.com/support

John Woody likes this.
  19. Frank Algermissen

Additionally to John I'd like to come back to the main reason of my question: Isn't it obvious to manually set each button with a separate function? Other companies use kind of "joystick" to for example gently move. Or I can configure usefull behviour on my personal gusto. That's what I really miss on the MOVI version 1.0

If you ask me it should be relatively simpel cause 99,9% should be a software solution - as long as FF planned confuguration in general from the beginning of its development ;-)

20. Maurice Guenther

Maurice Guenther New Member

Hi Frank, I am absolutely with you. I just received my Movi a couple days ago. All in all I am very happy with this great gimbal. Before I used a DJI Osmo Mobile. DJI allows you to setup the joystick functions like you want. Therefore I am a little bit confused that you have to move the Movi by hand for setting up your record points when using Echo or Timelapse function.

@Freefly - is it possible showing us the Movi app roadmap? I am excited to see what's going on next.

Best wishes from Germany.