/dist/images/branding/favicon

Drifting in Echo Mode

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Joe Azzarelli, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

In both time-lapse and echo mode the/my gimbal drifts. It is drifting left to right the whole time.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have updated to the latest firmware.

Joe

2. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

Sorry to ask (carefully): did you changed the direction in the App - on the screen above?

3. Joe Azzarelli

I do not understand your question but since my post...
    Reverted firmware - no change so reinstalled.
    Noticed Same issue in tripod mode. Just a slight drift to the right.
    Ticket time.

4. Frank Algermissen

What do you not understand? That I asked if you changed the direction on the screen of the MOVI App?

5. Joe Azzarelli

Yes. How do you change directions? Do you mean echo right to left vs. left to right?

Don’t mean to be thick...

6. Frank Algermissen

Joe, WHERE do you try to change the directions? Where exactly? I am not shure if we both speak the same language :)

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Joe: I think Frank may be asking whether the problem happens when the beginning and an end points are transposed to cause the Movi to move left to right, or right to left. If you reverse the direction of motion, does that still cause the drift (or does the drift change direction too?)

Could you also describe what phone you're using, whether you've statically balanced it (with the Movi powered off), and, when the Movi is powered up and connect to the phone, whether you have run the Tuning function?

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

8. Joe Azzarelli

Hi Andy. Hope all is well in Portland!

The drift is alway to the right. In tripod mode it drifts, echo left-right, right-left, up down, etc.

8 plus with a Moment case, static balanced, custom tuned. So yeah with this, the tripod mount issue and the flakey red button - this MOVI may be MOVIng back to Freefly for re-grooving. (a reference to Firesign Theater’s audio comedy).

Joe

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

All is well in Portland. Hmm. I've experimented with my Movi and there is no drift. I can get it to vibrate nicely by doing some wacko autotuning (makes a great neck massager :rolleyes: and saved me a co-pay for this week's physiotherapy). But drift-wise -- zippo, nada, de rien, et toutes cette sorte de chose.

As you say, you may have to send it back to Smegma, Spasmodic, Frog, and the far flung Isles of Langerhans. At least you won't have to drop copies of Naked Lunch on Nigeria. (For Firesign Theater non-cognoscenti, I refer you to Le Trente-Huit Cunegonde. Say no more, nudge, nudge, know what I mean? [Cross-cultural national in-joke.])

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

John Woody likes this.