/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Pro ona C-Stand

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rick Gerard, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I had the opportunity to film some barrel races last weekend. I needed to get the camera about 10 feet in the air. A Ninja Star, a Toad, and a 40’ grip atm that happened to have a 3/8 - 16 threaded end on it to the rescue. Unfortunately this is the best photo I have of the setup.
    695BB996-6610-4BB0-9EC0-9CB8765ADF9B.jpeg
    I raised both sections of the well tied down C-Stand and used the Mimic to get some pretty decent footage for a one man band.

A Sony A7 SII to a Shogun Inferno gave me some really nice footage in terrible light. I am pretty happy with the results on this “bail out a friend at the last minute” job. The Mimic was great I only wish that there was a better way to roll a Sony DSLR remotely.

Now all I have to do is sort out, cut, and upload about 130 videos in the next couple of days. I had no idea that I would end up shooting about 1.5 TB on this job. Not my usual Kind of production but kind of fun.

Here is the channel I set up for previews.
    https://vimeo.com/channels/1309244/videos

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  2. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

The mimic for F/I/Z?

Cause I get pretty terrible "c stand wobble" when i try to do gimbal movement on a c stand.

3. Rick Gerard

Full control with the Mimic. Bush pilot for focus. No problems if you have sandbagged the C-stand and the balance is right on. Tuning is for fixed mount not hand held.

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  4. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

wow good stuff. ill have to revisit. I scrapped some footage from 6 feet up cause of minor sway, sandbagged and balanced. Glad that worked.

I love the toad-in-the-hole FWIW. . . .use it for a lot of lock-off shots, and i dont have to worry bout keeping locking washers around for the ninja star anymore

5. Rick Gerard

This is the footage I shot with the test set up pictured above: