/dist/images/branding/favicon

C200 on an M5?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by James Leonzio, Aug 15, 2017.

1. James Leonzio

James Leonzio Member

Anyone try and accomplish this with success? I know the C100 worked pretty well on the M5, but you typically would have to loose the top mount bar. I see that the C200 is slighly shorter than the C100.

Does it fit?
    Does it fly like a dream?

Would love to know others experiences.

2. John W Butler

John W Butler New Member

Looking forward to hearing all about the C200 & M5 combo =)

3. David Burgess

David Burgess New Member

Just tried this combination ....C200b, 16-35 f4, M5...seems fine,I used the crossbar but could only use the carbon bars as there is no height to get the slider and hot shoe mount to fit...still it really helps with the tilt stiffness...before crossbar 22..after 74...with a little playing on the output filter it is very smooth...now if only I could float......
    Also it just clears the back of the MoVi so tilting up and down is no issue....if it was the C200 with the viewfinder then it might be an issue....

4. James Leonzio

James Leonzio Member

@David Burgess I'm not sure I understand what worked and what didn't for you. We tried the C200b and couldn't get the top crossbar to work; the camera body just seems too tall, and it doesn't even have a hot shoe on the body directly anyway.

Can you take a picture of your setup by any chance?

5. David Burgess

David Burgess New Member

Hi James!
    Sorry but that set up has been dismantled for another project but I remember just using the carbon fibre cross member without the hotshot attachment as there was no room to get it on there...I used a little rubber to soften the contact with the C200b and that all worked fine...it was definitely worth having the cross member as it allowed much higher stiffness settings for the tilt axis....

6. AlexanderEberhard

AlexanderEberhard New Member

I run my m5 with my c200 and sigma Art lenses. It works fine. The trick is to have the top bars attached. Main point as you won't get the tilta strength otherwise. You have to move the bottom rods down a bit that way you can attach the top rods again. It's a close thing but works. I am still playing around with the settings. What strength do you run on the tilta axis? What additional filters did you add and which values? Thx