/dist/images/branding/favicon

Which HD wireless are people gonna use?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by duongthuan, Oct 7, 2017.

1. duongthuan

duongthuan New Member

Skateboarding is a 5 billion dollar per year market. From the U.S., 200 different companies manufacture skateboards. Each and every month, 500,000 skateboard decks and 100,000 brakes are manufactured. Twenty percent of all teens have a skateboard. https://github.com/skateszone/skate/wiki/How-To-Know-What-Size-Of-Skateboard-Should-I-Need-To-Get
    Skateboarding is the sixth biggest participant sport in the U.S., and also in the past ten years has increased 106%. It boasts the maximum growth rate of any sport.

And get this: the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Admits that skateboarding is a safe game. Skateboarders are not as likely to require emergency medical care compared to participants in basketball, baseball, football, volleyball and soccer.

Many skateboarders are 7 to 16 years old. And they're intelligent. They're great students, making better than average grades in school. According to the Skate Park Association of the USA, skateboarders' favourite subjects in school are Art and Music. And most importantly, less than one % use drugs. They prefer skateboarding to prohibited pharmaceutical goods.

These details add up to one thing: skateboarding is good. Skateboarding is healthful.

It may well be asked how, from over 200 hundred businesses that Create skateboards, an individual can isolate one specific brand and recognize it as exceptional. In accordance with Ladonna Asseng of Wood Pushers, it is not as difficult as it appears. "There are just three or four companies which produce professional-quality decks," explained Ladonna. She went on to name the companies -- the Big Four. "NHS, Deluxe, Skate One, and also a company Named KO."

You can add an additional name to the list -- Struggle Skateboards. Struggle is A boutique board manufacturer situated in El Centro, California.

Struggle produces their decks the Exact Same way The Big Four do, from 7-ply maple wood, utilizing epoxy resin rather than glue. https://github.com/skateszone/skate...e-Best-Complete-Skateboard-For-Beginners-2017
    Which means Struggle decks exhibit excellent "pop." Struggle also sees to it that their decks have deep 'pockets' therefore the skater can acquire magical 'flip' on demand.

Ruben Najera is the super-skateboarder overseeing Struggle Skateboards . Ruben sent the reviewer A deck to try-out. The 'Vacation' version, that includes a stylized, complete spectrum chic picture screened on its underside. Ever since yours truly -- the reviewer -- can hardly walk down the street without tripping over his own feet, he recruited Andrew Charles Van Gorkum as test pilot.
    [​IMG]

Andrew is a 13-year old skate-o-holic, who lives at the neighborhood Skate park. After prolonged 'thrashing,' that entailed a series of gravity defying maneuvers followed by loudly thwacking noises, Andrew stopped, adroitly resulted in the deck to leap from the ground into his palms, and gave his monosyllabic conclusion.

'Sick' is skater slang for completely magnificent. When pressed for Further information, Andrew added, "It's great pop. This deck kicks Creature's butt!" With that, Andrew 'dropped in' and has been gone, riding down a near vertical surface into a deep trough, then up the opposing wall.

You can not ask for a better recommendation than that. Riding A Struggle deck is like driving a Lamborghini -- sexy, blue and righteous. Plus it gets you noticed!

Struggle Skateboards has Three different models of decks out there. Each one is for cream of this crop skaters. No weenies allowed. They also make their own grip tape, belts, T-shirts, sunglasses and hats. And their prices are low-spark when compared with the scandalous sums their opponents are inquiring.

On the Rate-O-Meter, that ranges from 1 star (sad) to 5 stars (completely rad), Struggle Skateboard's'Holiday' deck thrashes 5 stars.

priest. He's a graduate of the University of Arizona. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-size-skateboard-should-i-get-skates-zone/

After a midlife crisis, he spent some time behind bars. Now, Radic He is the writer of Gone To Hell: True Crimes of Gangs, Murderers and Snitching at a California Jail. Randall Radic Spice.

#1 duongthuan, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  2. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I have a Bolt 500 with two receivers and it's great for all land based work. No need for the extra power draw the longer range units and it will easily penetrate a single wall on location. The Bolt transmitters do suck up a bunch of current.

I'm moving into 4K aerial production with an ALTA soon and I'm going to need about 3000' there for reliability so I'm looking into another unit. So far there is nothing that I have found that does 4K lossless like the Teradek does with HD so I may have to forgo lossless recording from the ground for a while.

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I've had a Tomahawk 1:2 system for a year and a half, and it cost a lot of money but has been really worth it for functionality on my Movi (M15 and then Movi Pro). You can't go wrong buying a good transmitter -- you'll definitely be happy with it.

I understand your concern about something new coming around the corner, but the truth is, that will always be the case, no matter when you decide to buy. Did I feel like my Tomahawk was dated when the 3000 came out, or when the Tomahawk 2 came out? A little, but my Tomahawk still rocks every day, so I don't regret my decision to buy it. I have yet to be hired on a production where they demanded I have a Bolt 3000 or Tomahawk 2 instead, and if they really want or need it, then they can sub-rent it somewhere else I guess. Doesn't bother me at all.

I figured we'd have 4K transmitters by now, but alas. :rolleyes:

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  4. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

i think a lot of us use connex transmitters for aerial, very reliable and cost-effective (low price likely because of "noisy" drawback).

Are you worried about your backup, ground recording not being 4k? I have considered this as well, but have been lucky enough to not have that particular catastrophe situation happen. If ur lamenting inability to properly reference/color 4k on set, im also with you there.
    HD Transmitters are a commodity in production. wireless video is a relative must. i doubt wireless 4k monitoring will be until consumer 4k screens are standard...Or Rick jinxes my on-camera 4k footage into failure.:mad:

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  5. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

i think 1000 is fine for any work ive ever witnessed besides aerial, only once did i see that be an issue. 3000 is obviously an expensive insurance policy unless you know your upcoming jobs may call for at least 2000. u can always PM me if you decide to sell the 1000 for a fair price :).