/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt Motor Issue

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Nikhil Narayana, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Nikhil Narayana

Nikhil Narayana New Member

I've been using the MoVI Pro for a few weeks now, but today I started having a very bad problem. The tilt motor became erratic and won't stop moving. The video below shows what is happening, I also show that the camera package is balanced fairly well. This started happening today after I accidentally left the MoVI on for an hour and then restarted it. It was stationary the entire time it was on. If anyone has any suggestions I would be open to trying. If not I'll open a support ticket.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you try re-tuning? Also when you power on have the entire gimbal facing forward. Also try fully charged batteries.

3. Nikhil Narayana

So far I have run auto-tune, reverted the firmware back to 1.1 and then back to 1.2, taken off the camera package entirely, rebalanced the camera package, positioned in various ways including forwards, and swapped batteries a few times. None of these have worked so far. I'm not at my studio to test it further right now, but I'll see how it is doing tomorrow. I ended up opening a support ticket just in case it is a fatal error that I haven't noticed.

EDIT: Small update, no changes after leaving the gimbal battery-less overnight.

#3 Nikhil Narayana, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  4. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Try loading defaults to see if that helps.
    In the mobile app, go to Monitor>Terminal>Load Defaults

5. Nikhil Narayana

I already tried setting the defaults through that and the presets. I opened a support ticket a few days ago and I sent the gimbal unit back to Freefly. I'll post an update with the problem when I get it back.