/dist/images/branding/favicon

Faulted error message

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by erikmotta, Feb 6, 2017.

1. erikmotta

erikmotta New Member

I just recently got around to trying to configure the Movi Pro with my Movi Controller. I can't seem to figure out how to calibrate or set up my Heden focus motor. I get a weird message I've never seen before. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Attached Files:

Charles Bergquist likes this.
  2. Tyler M.

Tyler M. New Member

I am getting exactly the same problem. Seems to be fine when I bench test it then I get it out in the field and it gives me problems.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Tyler, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Thanks

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Charles Bergquist

Having the same issue hear on 1.0.3 firmware for MoVI Pro as well as 1.1 Beta.

Seems to work 15% of the time, but mostly I get Faulted. I've also tried different motors and I get the same.

C

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Charles: have you been in contact with FreeFly support? I'lll be interested to hear what they might say about this.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. Charles Bergquist

I have, no word yet on the solution. Just tried all versions of firmware tonight and nothing. Also tried two different motors.

We're reverting to FIZ that doesn't go through the Wedge system for the time being to stay alive.

I'll update if I get an update.

Wedge performance in the MoVI Pro has been very inconsistent and unreliable on my unit, I know others that seem to work fine.

7. Dale McCready

Dale McCready Member

I have a new Hocus Reflex motor that also shows up as FAULTED and will not work. I am normally on WCU4 and the Mini so it's not a deal breaker but I'd love to have Iris running through to my Movi Controller. I think we need some firmware tweaked here.

8. Charles Bergquist

Freefly is calling mine back in. Tried every solution and nothing worked. Could be a hardware issue with the TSU.

9. erikmotta

erikmotta New Member

Mine was sent back last month because of this issue. They said it was the TSU as well and they replaced the wiring. I just got it back and still have the same issue. I have a motor down because it sent my Heden motor running and hit its hard stop extremely hard. Motor is dead to say the least. I'm out of options and scenarios as I've tried everything. Has anyone else who has had this issue have any success or work around?

10. David Beard

David Beard Member

I've been having the same problems, plus so additional issues with our Heden motors and the Movi Controller. Seems to work about 10% of the time. Most of the time, I get stuck in these loops where one of the motors won't complete calibration. The way I get out of this loop, is to make some sort of change. Whether it's unplugging a motor cable, making a change in the fiz axis config page, like torque or speed, etc, or by setting defaults on the TX config page. It seem extremely random, and it's hard to reproduce. Once I get the motors calibrated, everything works just fine, but it's a challenge to get them to calibrate properly.

I think the faulted errors come from how much torque you are applying to the motors. I started off with an issue of my motors overheating, then I realized I had too high of a torque value in the fiz axis config page. I've been happy with 3-4.

Overall, it's very buggy, and I'm wondering if there isn't something going on the the TSUs they shipped.

11. Dale McCready

Dale McCready Member

I'd love some definitive idea of what's wrong here as I purchased a Reflex Motor based on it's compatibility with Movi Pro and can't get it to calibrate either, an expensive error. It did work once, and worked then for setup, then we couldn't get it to work again. It certainly can't calibrate through the Mimic either so I'd also guess this is the TSU rather than the Movi Controller problem.

12. David Beard

David Beard Member

I'm getting on a call with Freefly this afternoon in regards to this issue.

13. David Beard

David Beard Member

Charles, have you received your unit back from Freefly? Any progress?

14. Charles Bergquist

I just got mine back we'll be setting it up tomorrow to test. However, they said they did some software reset or something to that effect but they found that everything was working fine with the TSU when at Freefly. They suggested adjusting the torque settings which I did multiple times as well as couldn't connect to the FIZ because it was having connection issues. Clearly, with as much experience I have with Freefly stuff it wasn't working and I tried everything they suggested as well as tried to isolate it on my own. I've got to say even if it works tomorrow, customer service on this issue has been really poor overall. My opinion, is that the quality control and attention to customers, especially some of the first M10 purchasers that helped build their business, has been disregarded a bit.

15. Charles Bergquist

Follow up on my situation :

Freefly deemed the TSU functioning as normal, shipped back.

We just used it on a shoot and I got the same result as previous. RedRock Motor Fault and it will not calibrate fully.

I have two motors, tested both, both confirmed to work via anything else other than the TSU.

At this point I must say it's the cable or something is intermittently shorting in the TSU causing the FIZ to go down.

I asked for a replacement Motor Cable but was asked for a full set of videos again, which I did the first time before I sent it in.

Just tiresome dealing with almost robot-like protocol that doesn't seem to find the issue.

I've concluded that it has to be the cable, I think they may have built a bad batch of cables at first for the FIZ.

They just announced another firmware today that addresses Red Rock Motor torque, so that could possibly fix it as well.

16. DanDunn

DanDunn New Member

Had the same issue yesterday on a shoot. Wednesday I finally got both Red Rock Motors working on the MoVI Pro...yesterday morning, no matter what I did, I couldn't get the motors to calibrate. Luckily I had the Red Rock hand remote, and just had no zoom.

17. Charles Bergquist

I sent another email last night, no response today. This is the 4th round of emails about this specific problem. Even sent it in and haven't had it solved. I'll get an actual calibration even 3 out of 100 attempts.

DanDunn likes this.
  18. DanDunn

DanDunn New Member

I updated to the latest FW this morning, and no fix. Still having issues with 2 motors at once. At least one always seems to fault. Sometimes I can get Focus to work, but not Iris or Zoom. I've swapped cables, power cycled, and nothing. Anyone?

19. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

If you are using Redrock motors, recommending to get the latest beta firmware which addresses an issue with Redrock Torque Motors https://freeflyeng.s3.amazonaws.com/MoviProv1_2/ios.html This firmware will be going into stable release in about a week.

TSU v1.3.1
    • Bugfix: Fixes and improvements to an issue reported by customers using Redrock Torque Motors. Added a time based fault that protects in all motion states. It also modifies the over current limit of the Redrock Torque Motors to be lower than what it was previously set to.
    • Bugfix: FIZ settings wouldn’t save properly in earlier versions of the TSU firmware.

20. DanDunn

DanDunn New Member

Hey Deniz,

I updated to that FW and no luck.