/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Ring Feet

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Joe Tamel, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Joe Tamel

Joe Tamel Member

Hey Gang.. Finally assembling my Movi Pro. Wondering if anyone has issues with the feet on the movi ring a little loose. I've tightened the screws down as much as I can and the feet work, but I can move them around a bit. Like they need to be tightened more. Any clues?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Mine seem very tight. I don't notice any 'play' or slop in them, even if I try to move them with my hands. It is possible to install the feet backwards, so your Movi should have a little angle\lean toward the feet. Not much, just a few degrees, but if they're backwards the Movi will sit too upright on them and can fall over if you put a weighted camera on them.

3. Ryan Forte

Ryan Forte Member

I called Quadrocopter after I started putting the ring together for the same reason. They told me a little wiggle in the feet are part of the design. If you aren't getting any play in your ring I'm starting to question their answer they gave me!

4. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Mine were loose too. I just put a strip of tape under them before I tightened them and they are tight now.

Dale McCready and Runar Blekken like this.
  5. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

A little bit of looseness is by design. It helps both feet touch the ground, if the surface isn't even.

There is some slight variance in the diameter of the carbon tube, so it won't be exactly the same on every unit. But it should be close, and the feet won't fall off if they don't clamp down 100% to the ring.

Chris Ray likes this.
  6. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi. Just put mine together and they aren't loose on the tube but they have a bit wiggle when on the ground. One is slightly higher then the other. Is that normal?
    Also they sit at 9 degrees lean forward not 4 degrees as in the manual. Is that ok too?

7. Mike Vickers

Mike Vickers New Member

I just got my Movi Pro in last week and it's the same with mine too. The feet aren't loose at all but one foot is slightly higher than the other causing it to wiggle on the ground. I took the feet off and swapped them around and it's the same thing.

8. Alasdair McBroom

Alasdair McBroom New Member

I have the same problem with the feet being uneven when sitting on the ground. They're not loose at all but there is a very noticeable difference in the height from the ground. Maybe 3-4mm.

9. Benjamin Granet

I don't have any issues with the feet but I have another problem with my Movi Pro Ring. Does any of you hear cracking noise from time to time?

The ring is brand new so I'm curious if it's a design or manufacturing problem? I'm worried to have comments from sound guy as I do a lot of fiction.

10. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

I'm not sure if its possible to reverse the feet but if so, perhaps there may be a little bit of improvement, simply because as they said earlier--there may be a bit of difference in the tolerance of the carbon fiber. Just enough to create an asymmetrical level. If that doesn't work, we could laser-cut a batch of plastic shims for the feet, which will adjust the height of the shorter leg. If someone needs these, just contact us at jason@JasonCases.com

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  11. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Nope tried that right away and equally rocky.

12. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

Yup my feet don't equally sit flush, one is like a milliliter or two off and it has a slight rock or wobble.

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I recall an earlier posting from one of the FF support mages and they said that this was deliberate so that it could adapt better to sitting on an uneven surface.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

14. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

good memory, Andy -- that post is from Bryan 8 posts above on this page. :)

I think my Ring's feet loosened up a bit over time. I swear they were stiffer than they are now.

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

See! See! I knew I'd seen it somewhere!
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Graham Futerfas likes this.