/dist/images/branding/favicon

Case for Movi Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by SeBaStIaN BArrEtT, Nov 8, 2016.

1. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

2. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Yea 1730 and movi pro has been awesome. Can't fit a camera on it, but I'm not really inclined to. Glad someone is enjoying the freefly case though!

3. Sean Donnelly

Sean Donnelly New Member

Mine is functioning as a coffee table for the time being.

I happen to have a pelican 1690 (also huge, but at least it can fit through a doorway) that I'm going to try to build out. If not, I'll probably just go with Jason's 1640.

4. Chris Olson

Chris Olson New Member

I was just doing research on a perfect case to fit everything (including the ring), if you have a media pass the oversize charge shouldn't be an issue. Here's my list.... Pelican 1690, 1730 or SKB 3429w, X2828-22, 4530-24

#64 Chris Olson, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  5. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

i have a 1630, it wont work for u. . . .ill send pics if i get time. 1690 looks good if it fits and is manageable, but my 1730 is manageable, so id be surprised if 1690 was not. maybe Sean will let us know?

The SKB stuff i dunno. . . a previous comment details a build with good results. . but you need a couple tools. Only one of their cases, i like the handles/latches on pelican fwiw

6. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

Probably going to pull the trigger on a Jason case this week, although I'm going to go for the more compact ring-less case.

The solution I'm excited to try out for the ring is a large padded cymbal bag. I'll post pictures once I've got that situated!

Rob Ruscher likes this.
  7. michael duffy

michael duffy New Member

I've been using a Zildjian Cymbal bag for a couple years and its been awesome. Its my main bag for local shoots, plus a medium pelican for the controller and some batteries. I fly with my Jason case with M15 then once I got to a hotel I just repack the M15 and ring into the Cymbal Bag. Made life easier to shuffle around from location to location and not fill up the rental car or camera cart with extra volume. My bag has two huge zipper pouches and easily fits the Dock and several pouches of accessories. It has a big shoulder strap as well so I just hang it off my camera cart and maintain all the space for big hard cases.

8. AlexChailan

AlexChailan Member

Hi Guys,

Just recieved last week the JasonCase and finally I am happy to have a good solution for transport my MoviPro. I have the Big case from Freefly for the MoviPro (buy the movi bundle), and well, I don't have a Ford Raptor or move always with truck / pickup.

The Jasoncase is based on Pelicase 1640, good for travels by cars or planes. Without table, I am able to balance the movi on the case, the feet have enough space to stay stable.

As there is a lot of space under the movi, I use 2 softcase Atomos to put extra 2 battery, all the spare screw, cables for Movipro, remote ps4 controller, Mimic unit etc.

MoviPro fit well, I don't try to balance the cam and stay on the cage during transport but with the space under the movi, I belive we will have enough place. The cut foam is really good too

Great solution, for me end of story for the case research, this one match with what I am waited for transport securely my Movipro
    :)

Well, I don't have any parts or sponsoring on JasonCase, just a happy customer and want to share my experience with.

Alex

Attached Files:

9. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Thats brave! I have a rule where the case has to cost at least 1/319th of what the contents cost lol. Sounds nice though not having to lug my case around. Luckily i have a van, so i have not had any issues. I might grab one and try it out. . . .
    Looks great! Removing top handle is lame but after research, im not sure what the happy medium would be. My case is much too large for anyone without loads of spare parts, or a work van. Glad its working, thanks for input!

10. Joe Tamel

Joe Tamel Member

Has Freefly considered making a breakdown version of the ring?

11. Kyle Kelley

Kyle Kelley New Member

I am selling my Freefly Handheld Case if anyone is interested. Asking $799. It's a great case, but just a little too large for me since I don't have a vehicle to transport it.

12. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Joe, you could look at the Cinemilled Pro Ring. It breaks down and is very modular.

https://cinemilled.com/shop/cinemilled-pro-ring-gimbal-system/

Pedro has some good videos on his site, too, that explain some of the advantages and capabilities of his modular Ring system.

13. Dale McCready

Dale McCready Member

I just had the Freefly case arrive. Oh my is that the largest flight case I've ever seen!

Living in London I think it might have been a mistake for me so if anyone's interested I may well sell it on and do a cymbal bag and Jason Case instead, I'm honestly not sure it'll sit well in any of the camera trucks here so maybe not so good for my uses. A very nice case though and I like the idea of just dropping it in.

I guess my final case setup might be:

Movi Pro in smaller case in fold-up mode (like in it's original packing box with 6 x batteries, chargers and Cinemilled plate/weights, some tools.
    Movi Pro accessory case with Mimic handles, Classic handles (Flowcine Puppeteer version) tools and Tx / Rx kits. C-Stand bracket
    Movi Controller PeliAir
    Alpha Wheels Peli Air.
    Cymbal bag for Movi Pro ring.

That would fit nicely on my cart.

14. michael duffy

michael duffy New Member

For what it's worth, I tried using my Cymbal bag with the Movi pro Ring and unfortunately the handle and the feet make it a very awkward object and it doesn't fit fully assembled. Need to rethink my case situation now. Really like the idea of keeping the ring fully built to save setup time.

15. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

thanks for input, had a cymbal bag "saved for later" in amazon cart.

guess i will just stick with pelican 1730, its works great on most sets. and gets a ton of use as a bench for weary grips.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  16. Tyler Oxendine

Tyler Oxendine New Member

I use the Movi Pro Jason Case and love it. Fits the movi pro, ring, mimic, wireless follow focus, & multiple others things. Its big but i've flown multiple times with no trouble.

17. anthonysneed

anthonysneed Member

I just received my MoviPro bundle and was kind of heartbroken to realize they're sending a completely inadequate case. First off, it's huge. But that comes with the territory so I can't argue that. But the real problem is I tried rolling it 3 blocks and it was nearly impossible. It constantly tips back you have to be crouching super low in order to make it not tip over. This is very poor design. A longer extension handle would rectify this very easily. When I ordered the case I assumed it would be like the previous M15 case I had. I was wrong.

18. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I had to lug one of the large cases recently, and I found that if you walk to the side of the case and pull with one hand, there's a technique that works OK without crouching. I was on a job with someone else's MPro, and it took me a while to find this more comfortable method. Three blocks is a long way to go with that thing!

I think Tabb said at one point: Making cases is a thankless task.

19. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

Actually, *alot* of people thank us :)

20. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Tabb could have been talking about the cases freefly includes with some of their high-money items. Those are awesome. . . . Thanks Freefly