/dist/images/branding/favicon

Arri Start Stop

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Mike Moghaddam, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Mike Moghaddam

Just got my Movi Pro yesterday and it all works great! Have the new PS4 controller and it works with the latest firmware. I got the start stop cable for my Alexa Mini but it won't trigger the camera. Is start/stop not supported yet for Arri?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

HI Mike, I think this cable only works with the Movi Controller, not the Mimic.

3. Mike Moghaddam

Good to know. Thanks as always Graham. BTW I got that bike rack and drilled a baby pin receiver on the back.

Attached Files:

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Nice! That looks really clean.

Regarding the Arri cable, you would think they could eventually offer that functionality with the Mimic. They seem to be able to control everything else with it. Maybe in a future firmware update?

5. Mike Moghaddam

I would sure hope so. The option to start stop is on the PS4 controller and it seems like a really easy thing if it already works with the Movi Controller. That's the only thing that's bugging me. I have an Arri WCU-4 but use EF mount lenses most of the time so I can't start stop the camera with WCU-4 because it's going to the AMC-1. It's not a big deal but I would like to find a better option then just pushing the button on the camera.

6. Michael Izquierdo

Michael Izquierdo New Member

there has to be an update with this. its pretty frustrating when they have the red capability already.

7. Alexander A

Alexander A New Member

Hey Mike Moghaddam,

What is the name of that baby pin receiver you mounted to the back of that bike rack to make it into a Movi Dock?

8. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

You can trigger start stop from MIMIC as well, however only place to change camera type (which changes how record start/stop is handled) would be MōVI Controller. Its on our list of features to add to MIMIC as well.

9. Mike Moghaddam

10. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

Mike, do you not have the RS cable for the AMC-1? We use our AMC with our Alta8 + 2x futaba controller and run/stop with the WCU-4. It would be great to utilize the Movi FIZ but we need to be able to utilize industry standards for controlling FIZ, aka the bush pilot might be an answer. We have also experienced radio interferance between our 2x futabas and the mimic at the same time.

11. Mike Moghaddam

Hi Rob,

I did get that cable after I started this original post and it works perfectly. It allows me to power the CForce motor and run/stop. Thanks for the post. I just wish I knew that before I bought the Movi cable but hopefully it will work in the future and give me another option if I want.

12. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

I'm hoping someone develops an RS protocol for the Futaba so I can easily run stop accordingly utilizing the range of my futaba. As of now, my Bolt 3000+paddle and Futaba out power my WCU-4+AMC-1 so we loose camera control while still having VT and full gimbal control, which makes for annoying early rolls, or having to fly closer to controls, simply to roll the camera.

13. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

Can you not change the camera type via the app or back of the Pro? I am hoping to just get the movi to arri/movi to red camera cables and have run stop via Freefly API?

14. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

There is an upcoming v1.4 release (1-2 weeks). Mobile apps have added option to change camera type for record start stop

15. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

We just use this cable with our futaba so we have start/stop control for 1km+ http://www.kopterworx.com/shop/came...ri-mini-camera-recording-control-shutter.html